Notices

Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 PM   #1
chrisp191
Chrispy
chrisp191 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Talking Thank you to Mobileread Users

Hi everyone,

I'm a new owner of a Sony PRS-505 (Blue) and wanted to say thank to all the forum members.

It took me months to make a decision to buy an Ebook Reader but finally took the plunge.

Initially I was concerned at the availability of ebooks in Australia, however from reading through forums on this site I found great places to either buy or download free ebooks from.

My PRS-505 is now my favourite toy and one I cherish.

I wanted to say a big thank you to all the members on this site for your help and wonderful comments. I've learnt so much already and continue to read the forums daily. I'm hoping to contibute to some of the posts soon and am looking forward in getting to know everyone.

Kind Regards

Chrisp191
chrisp191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:12 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Chrisp.

anyone who cherishes their ebook reader belongs here!

Enjoy the forums, and don't forget to vote in our poll.

Click on the Link........

Last edited by desertgrandma; 05-31-2009 at 11:35 PM. Reason: spelling
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2009, 11:24 PM   #3
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
G'day, Chrisp191. Welcome to MR, and I'm glad some folks here could help you out. Always good to have another Aussie aboard.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:56 AM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the forum! you made yourself an *excellent* choice, if I do say so myself!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:25 PM   #5
chrisp191
Chrispy

Thank you kindly for al the welcomes

Desertgrandma, I tried voting on the poll however I can't seem to click on any option. I must be doing something wrong but I'll keep trying.

Montsnmags, great to meet another fellow Aussie. It's great to see that there's a few of us on here!!

Thank you GraceKrispy. I haven't tried any other ebook readers however I'm very happy with the PRS-505.

Looking forward to being part of the forum.
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 10:26 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Congrats on your new 505, and welcome!

psst...blue is the best!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp191 View Post
Thank you kindly for al the welcomes

Desertgrandma, I tried voting on the poll however I can't seem to click on any option. I must be doing something wrong but I'll keep trying.
Do you mean that when you click on this link

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47996

There are no "check boxes" to click on?
Old 06-02-2009, 12:35 AM   #8
chrisp191
Chrispy

All worked out desertgrandma. It helps when I log in Ooppss

Nice to meet you lilac_jive. Thank you for the welcome message and I agree about the blue. It's fantastic!

Chrisp
Old 06-02-2009, 05:17 AM   #9
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
Hi Chrisp191,

Welcome.
Don't worry I haven't got the hang of all the ins and outs of Mobileread yet. I had to be told how to stay logged in.
Where in Australia are you? I'm in Sydney and there are several people in Melbourne. In fact there's a meetup in Melbourne next week.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:35 AM   #10
ladyjane
I hate to clean
ladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, Acer NetBook
Hello Chrisp 191 you have chosen the PERFECT reader and you can see from the poll (hiding head) I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. this site is amazing for information and reading material these ppl are the best
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp191 View Post
All worked out desertgrandma. It helps when I log in Ooppss

Nice to meet you lilac_jive. Thank you for the welcome message and I agree about the blue. It's fantastic!

Chrisp
I check the box that says "keep me logged in" so i don't have to do it each time.......makes life a whole lot easier!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
chrisp191
Chrispy

Thank you for the welcome Laine

I'm from Adelaide, however I wish I could make it to the meeting next week. What better combination, chocolate and books!! Next time they have a meeting I'll try and arrange to be there.

Thank you LadyJane for reinforcing that I made the right choice. I've been enjoying the reader and the site very much. I love the fact that I can buy a book whenever I want and they always have stock

desertgrandma, I proudly voted for Sony in the poll. Thank you!

I better get back to my reading. I discovered the Michael Connelly Bosch series through this site and have been reading Black Echo. Great book!!

Happy Reading all

Chrisp