Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
mikehmoran
mikehmoran began at the beginning.

Device: none
Interesting error .. thoughts?

I'll be the first to admit that I have a particularly wierd enviroment.

Books aquired via Kindle for PC app on Windows7

Latest version of Calibre with tools_5.3.1 used to import the ebooks, with the library
sitting on a NAS drive.

Trying to access the library on the NAS drive, from Linux version of Calibre, which pops
and error that the database is locked.

Any thoughts on how/why the db would be locked if the windows machine that created it is powered down? Is this just some sort of client id mismatch caused by each version of Calibre identifiying itself differently ?

Finally, is it even possible to do what I'm attempting and if so, is there a HowTo on it somewhere that I have yet to find ?
mikehmoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is now a FAQ: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....rked-drive-nas
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
db locked, multiple os