Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
Bill B.
Bill B. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Bill B. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Bill B. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Bill B. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Bill B. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Bill B. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Bill B. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Bill B. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Bill B. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Bill B. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Bill B. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Reader
E-Readers - Sony vs Kindle Fire

I owned a Sony 505 for 4 years and loved it. Simple, easy to use. The battery was going, so I bought the new PRS1. Hate it. Unless you enjoy LONG service calls to Columbia, you'll hate it too. Complicated, hard to sinc, hard to transfer old 505 files to it, hard to download books to, the internet is glitchy, and every question you got, their owner's manual doesn't cover. Hard, Hard, Hard! And Infuriating! (By the way, I later discovered that the battery replacement that Sony wants $100 for, you can get your neighborhood Batteries Plus store to order and install for about $40.) Soooo, I bought a new Kindle Fire, on the occasional $169 sale. FANTASTIC! Very usable, very slick, gorgeous screen. Downloading a book from the site literally takes 2-3 seconds. The only problem is the glare on the screen. I have a film on order that promises to fix that. Love it. Very slick!

Bill Brown, suspense novel writer at http://billbrownwritesnovels.wordpress.com
Bill B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Bill, I have a Sony T1 and a Fire. I agree with your comments about the Fire. I don't take it outside, so don't need or use a film on the screen.

As for your T1, I recommend you download a free ebook software program called Calibre and use it to manage your T1. The T1 is the perfect device for taking on the go and reading in the sun. I have not found the internet to be glitchy on my home wifi network. I don't really use it much that way. Calibre makes it easy to load your books. We have a Forum here on MR devoted to the Sony with lots of knowledgeable users, so I suggest you put your questions there, rather than trying to contact Sony.

Don't give up on your Sony!!!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle fire, sony reader