Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
Looking for an app with custom shelf view

I am currently using Aldiko on my Asus Transformer and I like it, but I find it tedious to go through hundreds of books while in shelf view. Granted, I can go into list view and see the books by collections or tags, but what I really want is a customizable shelf view so that I can see all of the books on my shelf organized into collections or tags.

I know this seems like nit picking, but if there is an app out there that can do this then I would love to try it out. .mobi support would also be nice, but it's not a deal breaker. I just really want n app that does it all...
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I create collections in Mantano using metadata in a genre-field I created in Calibre. I send books to subfolders named after genre, and then create a collection for each subfolder. If you wish you can do something similar directly in Mantano. Create collections and add books to them manually, as you please. The same book might even be present in several collections, if you think that is reasonable.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2012, 12:24 AM   #3
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Most of the ebook readers can create collections, including the one I am using now. I am looking for one that allows me to set up collections in the shelf view. Is that possible in Mantano?
Old 08-19-2012, 01:42 AM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I'm not real sure what your asking for, but Mantano has a good home screen that can be filtered by collections. Have you tried Mantano yet?
Okay I figured out what your asking for. Yes Mantano will work for you

Last edited by =X=; 08-20-2012 at 12:28 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
jabberwock_11
Addict

Yeah, I just tried Mantano Lite, it does allow organizing the shelf into collections in a manner. The collections aren't directly on the front shelf, but it still works better than the others I have seen. I also like the fact that it shows the tags right on the front. I have to play with it for a bit before making a decision, but to be honest, right now I don't really like the user interface. The whole set up just feels too busy, but who knows it may grow on me.

What are the differences between the Lite, Essentials, and Premium versions?
Advert
Old 08-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
More features, customization and functionality, and less ads, the more you pay. You can compare on Google Play. The free version allows you to verify that the reader actually works on your device, before you pay. Compared to many other apps the premium version is expensive. Mantano is being very actively developed and improved. Sometimes a little bumpy ride with new features that crowd out old. And bugs now and them. But Mantano seems to listen to their customers and quickly fix problems.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote