Update M92 20130402

Update M92 20130402
http://www.onyx-international.com.cn...e-20130402.zip
dhunter221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #1352
Valec
Valec began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Does anyone know how this update is related to Booxtor's last update? Does it include the features of Booxtor's firmware? Will Booxtor's next firmware also include the cloud services and when will it be available?
Valec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #1353
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valec View Post
Does anyone know how this update is related to Booxtor's last update? Does it include the features of Booxtor's firmware? Will Booxtor's next firmware also include the cloud services and when will it be available?
I wait for Booxtor's announcement before I download anything.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #1354
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valec View Post
In Russia we have a successful experience of launching a cloud service to i62HD. See here
M92 only order to testing. Can take part.

У нас в России есть успешный опыт запуска облачного сервиса на i62HD. Смотрите тут.
Для М92 тестируем. Можете принять участие.

Для i62HD
Для М92
Автор - Pooh_
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #1355
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDay View Post
I wait for Booxtor's announcement before I download anything.
It is a wise decision

To be serious - as I said those updates do not contain any new remarkable features or bug fixes yet. Just improved localisations for some regions.

Please be patient just a couple of days more
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 04:25 AM   #1356
voyageusejvzc
voyageusejvzc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, onyx boox m92
Is it possible to customize the icons I want in the status bar, or put more icons there? Because having to switch back and forth between dictionary and highlighting tool bar is quite bothersome. Some icons in the general tool bar are not so often used.

I would also like to make some comments:

Often the screen doesn't react when I'm using the stylus pointing to something. The registering of the correct word in dictionary is problematic, sometimes it shows a completely different word than the one I clicked on.

Last edited by voyageusejvzc; 04-15-2013 at 05:42 AM.
voyageusejvzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #1357
BNoir
BNoir began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92 (Black Pearl edition)
Greetings,
Has anyone experience with firmware updates of the "M92 black pearl". To be more precise is it possible to merge somehow the "Booxtor's" updates with Arta-tech's ? Ultimately, as I don't really need the proprietary softwares (Ivona voice), which if I understood correctly is the main reason for incompatibility, I was wondering if it was possible to get rid of it and just go on with the other branch instead of the one from Arta-Tech ?

Actually just found that link https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190029 basically it's toasted for firmwares

Last edited by BNoir; 04-15-2013 at 08:23 AM.
BNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #1358
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
The Black Pearl use a password for the update (ZIP file), like the M92 - http://ereader-store.eu. Some files in the password are protected by this password. So, I don't think that you can merge the firmwares because you doesn't know the Arta's password nor the standard password.

And if you change the firmware you can loose the warranty.

Last edited by Randy11; 04-15-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #1359
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
@voyageusejvzc
about to make comments while the notice-icons show up (in Booxtors PDF Reader):

there is a shortcut to make comments to a highlighted text, while u are choosen the tool to make text-highlighting, u can click on the marked text to show up the comment window.

But beside of that, it would be useful to customize a personal toolbar.

Important is to make the multitask-icon a permanent one in the statusbar-icons and not to go everytime thru the menu-calls, because the benefit of quick change the pdf/chm science-ebooks would otherwise unnecessary complicated.

Additional it could be useful to include the multitask-feature in the keymapping list for the joytick to choose.

Last edited by Dolansky; 04-17-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #1360
Schmitti
Enthusiast
Schmitti began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Still isn't working

I have now tried again to install 10.8 on my M92 from a new SD card. Still doesn't work. Doesn't unpack, doesn't install. When I release the buttons, the boot screen appears, but it still freezes. Doesn't change, even after hours of wait. Can't even shut down the damn reader. (Same thing with the "anti-freeze" version 10.7.) This is absolute crappola. I'd like to return to the original firmware, but the download links are not working. But even if they did work, I don't know if installing would even work. I'm pretty sure my M92 is kaputt. Maybe it's the SD sensors. (?)

PS: also tried the 20130402 update. Didn't work either.

Last edited by Schmitti; 04-15-2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: add
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #1361
axiomize
axiomize began at the beginning.

Device: onyx m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolansky View Post
@voyageusejvzc
But beside of that, it would be useful to customize a personal toolbar.

Important is to make the multitask-icon a permanent one in the taskbar-icons and not to go everytime thru the menu-calls, because the benefit of quick change the pdf/chm science-ebooks would otherwise unnecessary complicated.
Indeed a customizable toolbar is the most important missing feature for me. In case it can only be done per application, I mostly need it for the pdfreader and the scribble app.

And of course, a taskmanager icon right next to the refresh icon would be most useful. (In fact, I never use the menu icon, I use the button for that, so if I could I would do away with it...)

Anyway, the m92 is great!

Martin
axiomize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #1362
Schmitti
Enthusiast

*deleted*

Last edited by Schmitti; 04-15-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #1363
gettix
gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
@Schmitti

Are you sure that you have the firmware that fits your m92?? As stated in this thread (and in many others) there are two different "versions" of the m92 regarding the firmware.

If you have ordered the m92 "black pearl" from Arta Tech (= onyx europe) than you have to download the firmware zip folder from onyx-boox.com (=Arta Tech Homepage)

If you have ordered the m92 "black" from any other store (e.g. ereader-store.de) than you can take the firmware zip folder from this thread.

Please check that.
gettix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #1364
Schmitti
Enthusiast

I bought my M92 at Onyx Boox Europe, but it's not the "black pearl", but the earliest M92 version (autumn '11), so Booxtor's firmware updates should work. But anyway, I tried them all, from OB Europe, OB Int'l, this thread. Nothing worked until now.

Last edited by Schmitti; 04-15-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #1365
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
I bought my M92 at Onyx Boox Europe, but it's not the "black pearl", but the earliest M92 version (autumn '11), so Booxtor's firmware updates should work. But anyway, I tried them all, from OB Europe, OB Int'l, this thread. Nothing worked until now.
Try this firmware. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/update-20120309.zip
It is formats the internal memory of the book. After that, should any firmware to establish normal

Попробуйте эту прошивку. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/update-20120309.zip
Она форматирует внутреннюю память книги. После этого должна любая прошивка установиться нормально
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote