Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
annguyen
annguyen began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 4s
Find my iphone problems?

Hi,
I just downloaded the Find my Iphone app. It does work. Another iphone of mine was stolen before so I'm gonna try everything to prevent this again. So this works by Icloud, but what if you turned off the Icloud... The app doesn't work anymore any my iphone can't be found! So a smart thief would immediately turn off icloud. How to prevent this problem?
annguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Put a password lock on your phone? Should take the thief several tries before they can get to your home screen and I believe they only have a maximum number of times they can input a wrong password before it becomes inaccessible. Mind you, a smart thief would just immediately turn off your phone to render it untraceable. No need to even bother with iCloud settings.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2011, 02:25 AM   #3
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Password lock on the iPhone is the first step, next step is to use Parental Restrictions (Settings>General>Restrictions) to prevent 'find my iPhone' being disabled. There's a step-by-step here and if you scroll down through the comments there are also options mentioned for replacing the simple four-digit passcode for a full alphanumeric-any-length-you-like password.

Sorry, just edited to say that the full alphanumeric password seems to only be an option for the iPhone lock screen, not the Parental Restrictions.

HTH Pete

Last edited by petermillard; 12-08-2011 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Clarity
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote