Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 04:30 AM   #1
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Any science fiction/fantasy book bloggers?

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I think this might be the appropriate spot. (Mods feel free to move if necessary).

I'm looking for some good/interesting science fiction/fantasy bloggers to connect with and follow. I've got a blog of my own and need some followers who would actually be interested in the genre I'm posting about.

So if you have a sci-fi/fantasy blog or know about some good ones please share.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I do have an sff blog, but I neglect it terribly for long lengths of time.

Some of my favorites are:

A Dribble of Ink
A Fantasy Reader
The Fantasy Critic
Graeme's Fantasy Book Review
The Wertzone
And occasionally (but not so much anymore) Pat's Fantasy Hotlist.

I have a huge list of others that I check occasionally, but those are the ones that have a home in my feedreader.
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
jrlewis
SF/F Author
jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Here's a search to get you started: Google Blog Search
Old 06-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Some of your favorite authors may have active blogs and even discussion groups.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:56 PM   #5
Frida Fantastic
SF/F book blogger
Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
A bit of the repeat from the book reviewing topic, but for indie bloggers, you can look them up by genres they review: http://www.simon-royle.com/indie-reviewers/ There's a few additional SF/F bloggers on this list: http://indiesfreviewers.wordpress.com/ with links to other book blog databases.

Right now I mostly follow other indie book bloggers while following SFSignal.com to keep in touch with the non-indie SF/F world. The indie bloggers sometimes end up reviewing the same books (or see the same ones in our inboxes anyway) and it's interesting to see what other people's thoughts on the book are. It's also really cool to see when a review has helped someone out and readers thank bloggers for bringing a book to their attention.
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 03:33 AM   #6
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Thanks, while searching Google or other sites isn't a problem I was looking for personal recommendations. Sometimes finding those sites that stand out amongst the multitude is an effort in futility.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:39 AM   #7
Frida Fantastic
SF/F book blogger
Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, there's a lot of blogs out there, and we all like reading different things. I advice you to take it slow and just have at least 3 book blogs in your RSS reader, and get to know the blogger over time, and change it up when there's a blog that you're connecting with more. There's a lot of blogs where I lurk for 2 months before actually commenting on any of their posts. Dunno, it just feels like I need to sorta know the blogger for a bit before making that kind of contact. Don't rush, a community will always be there. You'll find people to connect with as long as you're exploring.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:42 AM   #8
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
I tend to put everything on my google reader and then take off the ones im not enjoying. Once in a while ill go on a cleaning spree.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:27 AM   #9
Frida Fantastic
SF/F book blogger

I can't put everything on my reader. I get too overwhelmed and I end up not reading anything :P I use Netvibes and I really like being able to order my blog subscriptions in tabs. Used to have more general SF/F news blogs, but it shifted over time to blogs about indie books. I actually quite like blogs that post weekly, it's easy to keep on top of their posts. There's a lot of super active news-type blogs that I enjoy, but I can't follow them all, so I end up just following one for SF/F and only checking up on it every few days or so.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #10
A4-
Connoisseur
A4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheese

Device: iRex iLiad v2
The only one I visit once in a while:
Cybermage
Old 07-12-2011, 06:56 AM   #11
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks for this topic and the links.
Closed Thread