Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #61
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Quote:
I'd seriously suggest at least skimming through the user guide; it's full of useful information.
If all else fails, read the instructions.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #62
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'd seriously suggest at least skimming through the user guide; it's full of useful information.
But then, where would the emotion of discovery be at ?!?
Preposterous. Manuals are just a compendium of spoilers.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #63
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
Manuals are just a compendium of spoilers.
It would seem that Amazon agrees with you, or why else would they have so very much information missing from their manuals? Not subtle stuff, either, stuff like the keyboard-button-and-side-buttons space-and-backspace keys on the K4, or ;ResetReadingTime on the PW: stuff that *everyone* will sooner or later find useful.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #64
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I'm confused. I've been dealing with a few crises on the home front, and have lost track - and to be honest I'm not thinking clearly right now. I've installed the jailbreak and collection manager on my PW. If I upgrade to the new level from 5.3.3, what do I have to reinstall when I move to 5.3.4?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #65
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@BeccaPrice-
The jailbreak survives. Need to reinstall dev certificates, kindlet jailbreak, rescue pack. Though others have not needed to reinstall JBPatch, I couldn't get it to work without reinstallation and then there are patches for hyphenation and margins that have to be replaced (ixtab is working on dictionaries, etc., so has not wrapped it all up together) Kual and its extensions survived fine. For screensavers, python survives but the linksys needed to be reinstalled. I don't use Collection Manager so can't comment.
All in all not too bad...a little work and everything still functional.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #66
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
ok, thanks. I'm with my mom several states away from my home computer, so I just won't turn on my PW until I can get home and reinstall the JBPatch, because I did use it to fix the margins. I have plenty to read, so I can wait.

Thanks so much for the very clear information!
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #67
emt
Nameless Being

Update US Kindle PW with UK 5.34?

Anyone know if a US Kindle PW can be updated from 5.3.3 to 5.3.4 using the UK 5.3.4 download from this thread.

Any help will be appreciated - I'd like to jailbreak (just purchased a PW and it has 5.3.3 on it)

Edit: Found a link for US update - nevermind

Last edited by emt; 03-30-2013 at 08:07 PM. Reason: New Information
Old 04-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #68
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
@BeccaPrice-
The jailbreak survives. Need to reinstall dev certificates, kindlet jailbreak, rescue pack. Though others have not needed to reinstall JBPatch, I couldn't get it to work without reinstallation and then there are patches for hyphenation and margins that have to be replaced (ixtab is working on dictionaries, etc., so has not wrapped it all up together) Kual and its extensions survived fine. For screensavers, python survives but the linksys needed to be reinstalled. I don't use Collection Manager so can't comment.
All in all not too bad...a little work and everything still functional.
OK - 5.3.4 has now been pushed to my device. Time to rejig my jailbreak. Thanks for your post GoSharks, time to start fiddling.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote