Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-09-2014, 12:57 AM   #1
useruseruser
useruseruser began at the beginning.

Device: Aura
kobo weather app

So did anyone successfully get the weather app installed from here ? I managed to telnet into my device, I extracted the python libraries from here and have the app (all the root files from the site) extracted in my .kobo folder (which, I assume, is the successor of the .apps folder mentioned in the link) but am at a loss about what I should do next. Running

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=mnt/onboard/.kobo/python/pygamelibs/ python

results in a file not found message. Running weather.py from the bitbucket link using SSH results in a "Permission denied" message even though it looks like I'm in as root and I don't know what the equivalent of SUDO is for running files using SSH...

Yeah, I'm something of a noob that's patient enough to get somewhere. I would appreciate any help or advice with this.

My device is a Kobo Aura running the latest firmware and yes, I backed it up to a 4gb microsd using this method before trying any of this.
useruseruser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:23 AM   #2
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
I suggest you to post your question here, you'll have more chances to get an answer:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=194376
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert