Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-15-2014, 06:40 AM   #1
megtoma
megtoma began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
new de-en KOBO dictionary

Hello,

Does anyone know how to convert beolingus dictionaries (de-en) and (en-de)
http://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/Local/...g/de-en-devel/
into a format readable on Kobo?
I was trying to follow instructions on http://wrttn.in/820037 but it seems I am not good enough...
I would appreciate your help.
megtoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:31 PM   #2
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
The beolingus dictionaries have a format that is not supported by penelope. Therefore, if you want penelope to convert these two dictionaries to the Kobo format, you have first to convert them into something that penelope understands. A quick search with google didn't show any converters for beolingus. So maybe you have to do it yourself (or to have somebody do it for you). I think converting to xml might be the easiest way. If you want to make use of all the information included in these dictionaries (grammatical forms, synonyms, ...?) it might need some effort to achieve this. But even if you convert it in a way that makes use only of the main key words, the result might be a nice dictionary (compared with the original Kobo dictionaries).
Edit: You can see a sample xml file: penelope\test.xml.

Last edited by tshering; 03-17-2014 at 05:26 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert