Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #31
Jeff1192
Connoisseur
Jeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo touch
I'm still not getting the update. I'm in Ottawa
Jeff1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #32
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Jeff; this has NOT been released to the non Japanese market.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #33
spino
spino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura
I can sadly confirm that with 2.2.1 SleepCover does not work at all
spino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:20 AM   #34
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
On my Glo (2.2.1) SleepCover works well, and it worked well also on 2.2.0.

Are you sure the right setting is enabled?
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #35
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Glo, running 2.2.1 (r44772, 09.Nov.2012) - with 'chess button collision'. All other
functions work flawlessly so far.

Note: the pic suffers from uneven light and low contrast since it was taken in
dark environment with maximum Glo-light.
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #36
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Testing 2.2.x :frown:

Over the last three days, my experience with 2.2.0 and 2.2.1 have not been positive. I did notice some improvements but I also got several crashes where I needed to paper clip reset the device. I tried the usual factory reset and so on before re-installing 2.2.x but no joy.

OTOH, I was noticing that on a crash, a crash dump file was being left in the .kobo directory which might make it easier for the developers to fix the issues. The files seem to be named stack_xx.log (xx is a two digit number starting from 00). I've attached the last one I got before reverting to 2.1.5 though I did have to rename it to .log.txt before attaching would work.
Attached Files
File Type: txt stack_00.log.txt (8.3 KB, 362 views)
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #37
Jeff1192
Connoisseur
Jeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Jeff; this has NOT been released to the non Japanese market.
Haha....then that would explain why I'm not getting it. I must have missed the Japanese market part earlier in the post!
Jeff1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #38
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
... OTOH, I was noticing that on a crash, a crash dump file was being left in the .kobo directory which might make it easier for the developers to fix the issues. The files seem to be named stack_xx.log (xx is a two digit number starting from 00). I've attached the last one I got before reverting to 2.1.5 though I did have to rename it to .log.txt before attaching would work.
[OT]Thank you for the interesting crash dump. It shows you clearly, when and why the train has left the track - if a non-developer has a translator on hand [/OT]
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:02 AM   #39
spino
spino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura about

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
On my Glo (2.2.1) SleepCover works well, and it worked well also on 2.2.0.

Are you sure the right setting is enabled?

Yup!
Other than this, i need to say that the glow went on boot loop... i needed to do an hard reset (light button + power button) on it, because normal reset was not working...
Old 11-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #40
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spino View Post
Yup!
Other than this, i need to say that the glow went on boot loop... i needed to do an hard reset (light button + power button) on it, because normal reset was not working...
Someone had problem putting kobo glo in stand-by with 2.2.1, apparently they resolved reinstalling the firmware.
Hope this can help.

Just a question: you upgraded directly from 2.1.5 to 2.2.1 or you passed through 2.2.0?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #41
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
OTOH, I was noticing that on a crash, a crash dump file was being left in the .kobo directory which might make it easier for the developers to fix the issues. The files seem to be named stack_xx.log (xx is a two digit number starting from 00). I've attached the last one I got before reverting to 2.1.5 though I did have to rename it to .log.txt before attaching would work.
I love the fact, that the file starts with "OH THE HUMANITY!"
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:44 AM   #42
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
we need to lobby them for explorer type folder support instead of really stupid series stuff and metadata crap.

it is such a simple function which the Chinese can implement on dirt cheap £7 m3p/mp4 players yet these deaf and dumb "engineers" just ignore the consumers and continue to peddle this annoying software.

do they ever use these products themselves.

i don't want to spend a lifetime organizing books.

have you got an email address for kobo makers as i would like to give them a piece of my mind as i am really really angry now.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #43
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Well, I've managed to freeze up my new Glo on 2.2.1, coming back from adjusting the font, the Glo is well and truly frozen.

I guess I'll try the paperclip reset. Which worked.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #44
spino

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post

Just a question: you upgraded directly from 2.1.5 to 2.2.1 or you passed through 2.2.0?

Yup! 215 to 221... you think this could be the problem?
Old 12-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #45
eXistenZ
Connoisseur

Don't know for sure, but also another people having the same problem installed 2.2.1 directly on the 2.1.5.

By the way, I read in another forum that someone resolved formatting the microsd, if you have one in the kobo maybe you can try this first