Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
WordCountess
WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WordCountess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question for Children's Book Writers

This question is for children's book writers. How do you promote your work? As a children's book writer, I find it a bit difficult to promote my work- ecspecially online. Obviously my main target is parents and kids. But on the internet it's very hard to target kids- so you're literally limited to advertising just to parents/grandparents etc. What unique ways do you advertise your work? And how do you target the adults that are likely to buy a children's book?
WordCountess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordCountess View Post
This question is for children's book writers. How do you promote your work? As a children's book writer, I find it a bit difficult to promote my work- ecspecially online. Obviously my main target is parents and kids. But on the internet it's very hard to target kids- so you're literally limited to advertising just to parents/grandparents etc. What unique ways do you advertise your work? And how do you target the adults that are likely to buy a children's book?
Depends on a lot of things. Time and money and your attitude. Connections help too.

Set up a table/booth with signs, pictures, books etc., and you behind the table with a smile. Also a pile of simple cards with name, book website. Have someone take few pictures to show what you are going to do, and then try the local schools who have various events to see if they will allow you to set up at some kind of event, or even the PTA. Offer a share for each book sold. Likewise churches, and book stores. News papers and TV stations also. Especially look for those events that will attract adults and their kids. Fall Fairs, Spring on the commons, Christmas in the City, Haloween, Spring Harvest, Farmers Home Week, etc., Flea Markets, etc.

Imagination, hard work, and a good presentation as well as a little glib will take you far.

The point is have something besides a web site which is absolutely important.

Last edited by frahse; 02-10-2013 at 02:30 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 04:08 AM   #3
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
What age range of children are we talking about? Because it occurs to me that creating a browser game based on the book might be a way to reach your target audience.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Some of my past non-fiction writing has been in the childrens/educational vein. I'm a bit out of touch at the moment but I would suspect there are many review sites that you could send copies of your books for review. Also be sure they are categoriezed appropriately at the outlets you are selling through assuming you are (Amazon? Smashwords? etc.)

Promote your books on any reading/literature sites (such as this one) appropriately (see the author/blog self-promotion subforums).

Good Luck!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote