Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
bookp
Connoisseur
bookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Sony PRS-T3
I need a complete SD card rescue image

My device is completely bricked. The only thing that might help is SD card rescue using a complete image of all partitions. If anyone is willing to share, I greatly appreciate it.
bookp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
not sure if that would be possible. did you mess with the partition table? if not - try my updated 1.04 recovery image...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178263

also, i can make an image that will recover kernel and root partition, but I cannot guarantee that it will work.

but if your partition table is corrupted, the reader can only be recovered manually by someone familiar with linux systems.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2012, 04:39 AM   #3
bookp
Connoisseur
bookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavens

I didn't do anything to the partition table. However, my device won't remember any changes anymore. For example, :I can delete all books and they reappear the next boot, and everything is reset to a certain date. Same with old SD recoveries. I will give your update a try.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:15 AM   #4
bookp
Connoisseur

I tried both of your files from the SD 1.04 thread, but none of them helped. I let the rescue operations work for 1 hour each without the bar turning white and without the SD slot LED stop flashing. Reset Button: Reader starts, and all books still there. I think I tried every single rescue method so far, even some Russian ones. It seems the device cannot be overwritten, as everything is reset to a certain date. Feels like the movie Groundhog Day. Game Over?
http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=179924
Old 06-17-2012, 05:44 AM   #5
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookp View Post
I didn't do anything to the partition table. However, my device won't remember any changes anymore. For example, :I can delete all books and they reappear the next boot, and everything is reset to a certain date. Same with old SD recoveries. I will give your update a try.
Just a random thought but maybe it's in demo mode, basicly a mode that shops use for display readers.Not sure about how to turn it of if it is probably a button combination or something.

edit : After reading up on it a little I'm probably very wrong would probably be obvious if it was Demo mode sorry.

Last edited by Teknikal; 06-17-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2012, 06:02 AM   #6
bookp
Connoisseur

I just followed the steps described in the Wiki to deactivate Demo Mode. But that way it got activated ("Demo Mode" appeared in the task bar). A simple reset & reboot disabled Demo Mode. Is that to be expected?

edit: Since my device is groundhogged, I guess "yes".

Last edited by bookp; 06-17-2012 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
pe1dnn
Enthusiast
pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Normally a device in demo mode stays in demo mode. This is the reason for the instruction to get out of it on the Wiki because a simple full reset does not help. But since your device has some kind of amnesia I guess it will not even remember it is in demo mode. Very strange problem. I do not have a solution, only wanted to tell you about the normal behaviour of the demo mode.

Last edited by pe1dnn; 06-17-2012 at 08:28 AM.
pe1dnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
bookp
Connoisseur

@uboot: How do I find out if the partition table is corrupted? Any windows programs etc.?
Old 03-08-2015, 08:22 PM   #9
jonatasmello
Sony PRS-T1
jonatasmello began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
not sure if that would be possible. did you mess with the partition table? if not - try my updated 1.04 recovery image...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178263

also, i can make an image that will recover kernel and root partition, but I cannot guarantee that it will work.

but if your partition table is corrupted, the reader can only be recovered manually by someone familiar with linux systems.
Hi uboot,

How can I make an image that will recover kernel and root partition?

I created one full backup img (1.9GB) and several ones using dd (mmcblk2p1.img to mmcblk2p10.img).
The problem is that I cannot access the console anymore (recovery mode).

When I use any SD image (OS Firmware), the yellow light keeps flashing but there is no sign in the SD card led (only if I remove it and insert again, then it stops)

No boot anymore, the screen freezes in "Opening Book..."
I think it is because I erased the boot/kernel...

Is there any way to create an image to restore this partitions using the .img files created?

Or is there any way to access the console again? I tried in Windows 7, 8, Linux, nothing.

I tried your img from the other thread, and also this one https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=166725
but nothing.

Is there any way to boot using the SD card only (like the RaspBerry PI)?

Thanks!
Any help is much appreciated!
Jonatas
jonatasmello is offline   Reply With Quote