Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 02:35 AM   #76
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
The website was great to buy from this time it seems - add to cart put in details press buy - download link and receipt info appears. Job done. Very nice!

The Torch of Tangier was 702 for the year!
Lucky for you Blue I tried again this month but still no go, I went through trouble shooting it with a Poison Pen Rep last month and we couldn't get it to work the reason I was given from PP was that my bank doesn't do address matching, I'm with Westpac. So I purchase from kobo instead I would prefer to go direct as I assume the author gets more of a cut then but no go for me.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:58 AM   #77
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Westpac suck eh? Mine is not with them, so could be.

Maybe you could get one of those gift card credit cards from another bank and use that for books?
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #78
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
This month has some v. interesting-looking books, so I caved and bought nine of them. I think I'm most excited about Lipstick and Lies-- I've never read a mystery with a lady spy/pilot from WWII! I hope it's good.
birdbrainbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:59 AM   #79
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Oh botheration....

Damn !! Missed this - note to self : keep up the PP checks here !

Duh ...
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:34 AM   #80
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Damn !! Missed this - note to self : keep up the PP checks here !

Duh ...
?? They're still showing as 99c for me ? http://www.poisonedpenpress.com/discover-mystery/
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #81
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Although it does say "for the month of March" at the top.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #82
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Lucky for you Blue I tried again this month but still no go, I went through trouble shooting it with a Poison Pen Rep last month and we couldn't get it to work the reason I was given from PP was that my bank doesn't do address matching, I'm with Westpac. So I purchase from kobo instead I would prefer to go direct as I assume the author gets more of a cut then but no go for me.
I have an HSBC credit card so I am hoping this will work, but did someone mention that they also have Paypal? This would solve all the credit card problems.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:18 AM   #83
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
New batch of 11 of these.

Some promising-looking historicals and comedic contemporaries, plus a really nifty-sounding guide to female sleuths through the ages. The Chet Atkins one still says $6.99 on the page, but becomes $0.99 in the cart, though be sure to check before checking out, just in case.

PPP now have another $10.89 USD of my money and I may even have enough leisure time to read one or two before the end of the month this time around.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:44 AM   #84
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Thanks. The non-fiction one did sound good enough to get. Plus the Pest Control assassin shenanigans.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:45 AM   #85
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post

Some promising-looking historicals and comedic contemporaries, plus a really nifty-sounding guide to female sleuths through the ages. The Chet Atkins one still says $6.99 on the page, but becomes $0.99 in the cart, though be sure to check before checking out, just in case.

PPP now have another $10.89 USD of my money and I may even have enough leisure time to read one or two before the end of the month this time around.

I actually see one I want this time.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #86
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
*goes shopping*
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #87
melmac
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
*goes shopping*
I'm having a hard time deciding which ones to get currently the short list is at 4 I'd really like to only end up with 2 my TBR list is already an eternity long I really shouldn't be adding to it.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #88
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I couldn't resist Pest Control, The Reunion, The Poet's Funeral, and The Coffin Trail.

This morning I also bought (pre-order) Death of a Gossip, the first of the Hamish Macbeth series for $2.99.

I'll probably break down and buy a few more PPP ebooks later this month. It is both good and bad that the sale lasts for weeks.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #89
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I basically just buy the lot of what they offer each during the promo each month. I figure I'm supporting a DRM-free small publisher who do generally quality work and even if I end up not really liking half the books, $4.95 for 5 recent works at 99 cents each is basically pocket change which I can afford to spend.

Also, the women sleuth guide is pretty good so far. Only covers from 1900-to-1970s, but gives a decent description of books which star or have strong supporting female characters doing sleuthing, a little blurb on the contents of the stories, and a bit at the end about the quality/potential interest of the writing (doesn't hesitate to point out retro WTFery and flat characters). Some of the synopses may be a bit spoilery as to series character developments and who gets killed in the course of the story (no spoilers for whodunnit thus far), but overall a good intro and overview if you think you might want to track down some vintage mystery/crime to read.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #90
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you for the info about the book list and the non-fiction. As Poisoned Press doesn't like my cards, I'll buy them at Kobo.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote