Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 08-05-2011, 04:59 AM   #1
arslonga
Connoisseur
arslonga began at the beginning.

Device: none
BRISS and BOOKDESIGNER

I have just cropped a PDF document with BRISS, but still the supposedly cropped headers and footers will appear when opening the new cropped document with BookDesigner. I was wondering if someone could help with, or at least, explain this issue, since my understanding was that BRISS performs destructive crops. Thank you.
arslonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Are you sure you are loading the cropped pdf in BookDesigner?
When you crop your pdf, the result goes to [original name]_cropped.pdf.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
I used my "Quick and Dirty ePub Tutorial" 32-page pdf (see my signature) for testing.
I cropped headers and footers and then loaded the cropped file in BookDesigner.

The only anomaly was that the text "Page 1 of 32" (footer of the first page of the original file but not present in the cropped file) appeared at the top of the imported file in BD.

So it seems that the cropped off information is stored in the output file somehow, at least in part.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote