Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
HOw do I go back to the page I have bookmarked?

I must be missing something here, but I can't even find it in the pdf instructions.

I can bookmark a page by touching the top right of the screen, but then if I go to the end of the chapter to read a note I can't find a way to get back to the page I have bookmarked.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks,

Steve
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Go to annotations. It will be there.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Wow, thanks, but it's a bit convoluted isn't it!

tap centre of screen
tap open book icon
tap annotations
tap 3 horizontal lines
tap "show on page"

is this right the only way?

Thanks again,

Steve
Old 09-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Sadly, yes, it is the only way. Why "Show on Page" isn't the default option when you click on the annotation itself (rather than on the options for it) is beyond me. Guess common sense isn't the Kobo devs' strong suit...
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
It must be truly wonderful to have your uncommonly good common sense, JD. I hope that whatever you do in real life reflects your gift and is making the world a better place for us all. I have very little common sense, so the "Show on Page" seems just fine.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 03:45 AM   #6
Chocky
Addict

"Show on Page" is OK, it's just that it takes 4 taps to get there.

So it's 6 taps to bookmark and to get back to the bookmark.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
On the menu in which "Show on Page" occurs, there are several other choices--for example, "edit note" and "delete annotation". I am not sure how people could continue to have those choices if show on page happened automatically from the previous tap.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
On the menu in which "Show on Page" occurs, there are several other choices--for example, "edit note" and "delete annotation". I am not sure how people could continue to have those choices if show on page happened automatically from the previous tap.
You'd get them from tapping on the annotation's menu item. When you tap on the annotation itself, you get a screen that shows the full annotation, its creation date, and a menu icon for the rest of the options (same behaviour as "View Details" in the menu).

I'm thinking, though, that for most people having "Show on Page" be default would be more useful - not to mention more intuitive due to it being the first item on the menu.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote