Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Easy way to change LCD Density

On the Nook Color, the default screen density means that text is very small and it's sometimes difficult to select small items by tapping.

You can use adb to change the LCD density, which makes things bigger by default (so you don't need to zoom as much in the browser), though this can make some UI elements not fit right. You can experiment and find a happy medium. I'm currently using an LCD density of 190. Nook Color original value is 160. With 190, the top right corner button in apps is now more reliable and though the BN main menu (library, shop, etc) is cut off on the sides, all options are still selectable.

Update: I withdraw my support of the previously recommended app. During one of the times I saved the data (to persist a reboot), it failed to boot. Not worth the risk. Thankfully, I now run clockwork recovery so I just restored a nandroid backup, but since so few here currently use this (and doing the BN restore is much more of hassle), I don't want to recommend it anymore.

Last edited by zartemis; 01-29-2011 at 12:27 AM.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
There is also one called LCD Density for Root that works (and its free) : http://www.appbrain.com/app/lcddensi...n3o.lcddensity but I dont think it survives power off
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 12:28 AM   #3
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
I am taking back my recommendation -- right now just use the free one volwrath mentioned.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis View Post
I am taking back my recommendation -- right now just use the free one volwrath mentioned.
Heh well you might want to recommend your program again. Apparantly the free one doesnt work on 1.1
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #5
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
I am using a PocketBook IQ. Some games (like SuperFlood or MathDoku aka kenken) were tiny on its screen.
Using LCDDensity 0.1.1 solved that issue. It will restart android on applying - but I am using that "feature" now and then if an app doesn't do as required...
You just have to press Menu after restart as the initial button push animation may no longer be visible.
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert