Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #16
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
For $119 I want a little more protection. That leather may be soft as butter, but I may as well put a piece of fabric over it.

I'll stay with my M-Edge!

I've tried to make myself buy the one of the Oberon covers but can't justify the $75 expense.

Guess I'm just too darn cheap.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #17
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
For $119 I want a little more protection. That leather may be soft as butter, but I may as well put a piece of fabric over it.

I'll stay with my M-Edge!

I've tried to make myself buy the one of the Oberon covers but can't justify the $75 expense.

Guess I'm just too darn cheap.
I'm sure they have good padding

*sigh* I guess I'll have to go to the Cole Haan store to find out....
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #18
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I'm sure they have good padding

*sigh* I guess I'll have to go to the Cole Haan store to find out....

Send us a picture when you buy it.........and you KNOWS you're gonna buy it!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #19
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Send us a picture when you buy it.........and you KNOWS you're gonna buy it!
I can't, no Kindle Otherwise I'd be on that so fast...
Old 02-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
and the most I paid for their shoes was $275.
That's my shoe budget for like 10 years.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:21 PM   #21
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
I can't, no Kindle Otherwise I'd be on that so fast...
So, you are saying the Sony isn't "Cole Haan" worthy??

Who woulda thunk??
Old 02-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #22
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I would not purchase anything more expensive than $20 for that.
Perhaps good to look at the grey market on ebay?
$30 for real leather isn't too bad. But, I can't imagine it is high quality italian leather like in my car.

BOb

(No not really, I drive an 8 year old Camry with cloth seats.)

Last edited by pilotbob; 02-08-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #23
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
That's my shoe budget for like 10 years.

BOb
I bought them with my stimulus check
Quote:
So, you are saying the Sony isn't "Cole Haan" worthy??

Who woulda thunk??
No! It is SO WORTHY! Please Cole Haan! Make a Sony Cover!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #24
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
I can imagine it is high quality italian leather like in my car
Is that fine Corinthian Leather?
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #25
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Heh... yea typo... I meant to say it's NOT like the fine leather in my Ferarri.

BOb
Old 02-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #26
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
What size is that in womens?

You have some small feet
Yeah, I know. Try finding shoes that fit without Dora the Explorer on them...Not that I have anything against Dora, but for a 42 year old woman it's a little hard to explain!

A girl's size 2 1/2 roughly translates into about a half to a full size smaller than a women's size 5. And for some reason, a girl's 4 is WAY too big.

Finding "grown up" shoes that fit me is an exercise in frustration.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:49 AM   #27
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Nice collection, indeed!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:13 AM   #28
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Yeah, I know. Try finding shoes that fit without Dora the Explorer on them...Not that I have anything against Dora, but for a 42 year old woman it's a little hard to explain!

A girl's size 2 1/2 roughly translates into about a half to a full size smaller than a women's size 5. And for some reason, a girl's 4 is WAY too big.

Finding "grown up" shoes that fit me is an exercise in frustration.
You could try their size five, they run a little small. Especially if you try their sandals, you should be OK if they are slightly big.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:40 AM   #29
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Alright, the whole Kindle 2 thing is getting a little out of hand...
You mean someone's dropped it already?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #30
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
WHAT!?! No nice, environmentally-friendly canvas, silk or hemp cases? E-books are supposed to be green! Green! Why replace dead trees with dead cows?

Wait... is that Patagonia case canvas? Yes... it is.

Good.

Good.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote