Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #151
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.T. Miles View Post
Congrats on finishing your project. Enjoy.
Thanks and though I've floundered a bit the last few days, I think I've focused on a new project (rather than the memoir one) which is more an extension of the Science essay collection. More or less the same vein, but delving into the more speculative areas - String Theory, Dark Matter/Energy etc.

I wrote a draft about Dark stuff yesterday....will see how the idea progresses...
Old 07-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #152
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My goal for the remainder of the year: 2K words per day, minimum. This'll help me finish all six current WIP's by the end of the year.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #153
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Excellent Goal! I'm still trying to achieve 1000 a day, some days I do, like yesterday, but today was a bust...
Old 07-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #154
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been learning that butt glue is the secret. Yesterday I sweated out the first 2K words, but once I crossed the 2K threshold, for some reason, the next 600 words were a breeze. I actually had to put the book down to go to bed. I think I couldda written another thousand words after that. Weird.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #155
kennyc

some days for me it is effortless and I can write 5000, other days, it's a struggle to get 500 out...
Old 07-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #156
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
some days for me it is effortless and I can write 5000, other days, it's a struggle to get 500 out...
Hear, hear!

When that happens, usually I just switch to a different WIP and work on something else.

Reading helps, too. If I go without for too long, my writing gets dull and it all starts to sound the same.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #157
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJScott View Post
Reading helps, too. If I go without for too long, my writing gets dull and it all starts to sound the same.
Yup. Gotta shove new input down the neural pathways in order to shake up the ideas and squish out inventive turns of phrase.

(Heh. How's THAT for a disastrously mixed metaphor?)
Old 07-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #158
kennyc

And hopefully it all comes out the right end.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #159
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
And hopefully it all comes out the right end.

Huh. Maybe that's why my writing's been crap lately!
Old 07-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #160
gdimike
gdimike doesn't littergdimike doesn't littergdimike doesn't litter

Device: nook classic, kobo Wifi, Kindle, Kindle Touch
NaNoWriMo. For the second time. This time around, September is Nano-plot-Mo.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #161
Avalona
Enthusiast
Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Fire 8 (2020)
Finish one book, get it self-pubbed (the novel is currently being written right now - I'm aiming for completion in September), and continue with my online serial. I'm only one month in with it, so I hope to have 24 chapters by the end of the year complete.

And probably get to work on some other projects soon.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #162
kennyc

Well, I'm feeling a derail....muse is pulling me towards working on some fiction...feeling a bit burned out on the science writing....maybe time for a break...
Old 07-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #163
Edward M. Grant
Zealot
Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdimike View Post
NaNoWriMo. For the second time. This time around, September is Nano-plot-Mo.
Yeah, I'm hoping to finish a first draft of one of my novels in November. I was doing OK with it in May, but then realised I had to go back to the beginning and rethink where I was going with it.

Otherwise I'm going to try to get three more novels finished and uploaded by the end of the year. One is waiting for the final proof-reading and should be out next week, the other two are roughed out and I just need to complete them, then edit.

The last year has been so crazy in my day job that I haven't had much time for writing, but it should be slowing down for a while now. I just need to concentrate on one project at a time, rather than jumping between them.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #164
Ken.Hagdal
Connoisseur
Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Right now, wrapping up the proof-reading of my first novel. Next, either novelizing one of my screenplays or starting working on fresh material. Fiction or non-fiction.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #165
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.Hagdal View Post
Right now, wrapping up the proof-reading of my first novel. Next, either novelizing one of my screenplays or starting working on fresh material. Fiction or non-fiction.
Good for you!
Closed Thread