Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #1
superfly1031
superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Mini
Exclamation Need SD card image

I need someone to upload a fresh mini sd image please. My device is Bricked

Last edited by superfly1031; 12-28-2012 at 12:37 PM.
superfly1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
superfly1031
superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Please! anyone!
superfly1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #3
iToast
iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly1031 View Post
Please! anyone!
Sorry but they contain alot of information usually...

I was going to back mine up but I had to break 2 tabs to get the internal back cover to stick in correctly.... :L I'd rather not re-open it to do the dump
iToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
JamesFEvans
~James~
JamesFEvans began at the beginning.

Device: iOS, Kobo Aura
I have the Mini SD from the Kobo, how do I create the backup/clone?

Edit: Do I Factory Reset before hand and leave it asking for setup?

Last edited by JamesFEvans; 01-10-2013 at 10:56 AM.
JamesFEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
The Serial number is stored on the sd card as well, so you'll end up with two identical minis, I don't know if that will create problems.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You sure about that? I would have expected the serial # to be in another chip on the device, and to be unique; similar to a MAC address on an ethernet card.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:23 AM   #7
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm quite sure of it since when the firmware needs this kind of information (including other identificators) it sources them from the SD card. Everything is stored in the area before the first partition, I can even provide the offsets. It should be simple though to change those values back to the correct ones... I'll probably provide in the coming days a "debricking image" for a kobo glo without personal identifications, with instructions on how to create them for the other models (which I don't own ;P ).
Old 01-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #8
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I'm quite sure of it since when the firmware needs this kind of information (including other identificators) it sources them from the SD card. Everything is stored in the area before the first partition, I can even provide the offsets. It should be simple though to change those values back to the correct ones... I'll probably provide in the coming days a "debricking image" for a kobo glo without personal identifications, with instructions on how to create them for the other models (which I don't own ;P ).
Hi. I have a question.
I messed up my recovery partition (I think I cloned my system partition over it because it reboots when I click on restore to factory, or hard reset with the glo button), how would I go about restoring just the factory recovery partition without loosing the serial number and other 'identificators'?
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:42 AM   #9
giorgio130
Time Waster

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
Hi. I have a question.
I messed up my recovery partition (I think I cloned my system partition over it because it reboots when I click on restore to factory, or hard reset with the glo button), how would I go about restoring just the factory recovery partition without loosing the serial number and other 'identificators'?
You should copy over just the second partition. I'll provide you the correct command later, if you need it.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #10
giorgio130
Time Waster

This should be it:
dd if=koboimage.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 seek=543745 skip=543745 count=524289

this is assuming two things:
-the first one, the image you're copying from is a complete image of an internal sd card so it has the correct offset for the recovery partition, it is called koboimage.img and is stored in the current directory;
-the second one, your sd card taken from the kobo is attached to your computer and being recognized at /dev/mmcblk0.

Especially the second thing could not hold true, please check and be careful this device actually belong to the sd card and adjust accordingly.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:46 AM   #11
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks! I will try once I get a complete image from KevinShort
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #12
gaarapt
gaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toys

Hi freekobo,

Did it worked for you? My kobo mini is also bricked

Can't preform pin hole reset, power reset, nothing.

EDIT: Gona get a unit replacement. ty all

Last edited by gaarapt; 03-16-2013 at 07:15 AM.
gaarapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #13
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You sure about that? I would have expected the serial # to be in another chip on the device, and to be unique; similar to a MAC address on an ethernet card.
Peter you are correct. The sd cards are done mass image which means the image will not have a serial number stored. Exactly as you suggest.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #14
giorgio130
Time Waster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Peter you are correct. The sd cards are done mass image which means the image will not have a serial number stored. Exactly as you suggest.

regards

Jack
Could you justify your opinion? My answer is based on the FACT that if you change a value stored in the SD card, the nickel interface will report the new serial number you've written there, no matter what you do. I am also thinking that the sd card are written with a generic image, but it's impossible to say that their content stays unmodified afterwards during production.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #15
allthetoast
allthetoast began at the beginning.

I also need this image, kobo said my device is no warranty because I opened it.
you can use http://www.vconsole.com/client/?page=page&id=28 flash image creator on windows or on linux it can be done with the DD command.

help? o.o
allthetoast is offline   Reply With Quote