Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 06:11 AM   #1
Font
Connoisseur
Font began at the beginning.

Device: none
Touch eReader Menu Font

Please tell me if the Menu Font on could be changed on the Touch eReader.
Font is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
Shankill
Nameless Being

Not as far as I've been able to see. Only the font face/size in the book. Not even the web browser's font face can be changed.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:49 AM   #3
xuyn2003
Connoisseur
xuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-T1&KOBOTOUCH
Yes, you can.
Please refer https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141388
to make your kobo as an ftp server.
The kobo fonts file were located in ./usr/local/Tolltech/QTEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts
The kobo's Menu font is georgia(including georgia.ttf, georgiab.ttf, georgiai.ttf and georgiaz.ttf, they are Normal, Bold, Italic and BoldItalic form of georgia).
What you should do is to put your favorite font into this directory to instead georgia.ttf.(Note: Befor you do this you must change your font's filename and the meta data as same as georgia.ttf) .
I think you will need a font tool to do this.
xuyn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
Shankill
Nameless Being

Oh, hey, that's pretty cool.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
Font
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuyn2003 View Post
Yes, you can.
Please refer https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141388
to make your kobo as an ftp server.
The kobo fonts file were located in ./usr/local/Tolltech/QTEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts
The kobo's Menu font is georgia(including georgia.ttf, georgiab.ttf, georgiai.ttf and georgiaz.ttf, they are Normal, Bold, Italic and BoldItalic form of georgia).
What you should do is to put your favorite font into this directory to instead georgia.ttf.(Note: Befor you do this you must change your font's filename and the meta data as same as georgia.ttf) .
I think you will need a font tool to do this.
Sorry have more questions:

What do you have to do to put Touch eReader as a FTP server, is it compulsory?

If compulsory, does it give access to Menu Font files or could it be done by just connecting to a computer?

Is meta data font tool change/procedure a must?

Could you please confirm if you have been able to change the Menu Font and whether you have done it by meta data font tool or not?
Old 09-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You need to have access to areas of the Kobo's internal storage that are not accessible via the straighgt USB connection to the PC. So, the idea is to utilize an FTP server on the Kobo itself.

This will allow you access to the file system not accessible via regular means.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:37 AM   #7
Font
Connoisseur

Merci for answering some questions PeterT. The other questions I would be grateful if someone could answer please:

Could you please confirm if you have been able to change the Menu Font and whether you have done it by meta data font tool or not?
Old 09-29-2011, 05:04 AM   #8
xuyn2003
Connoisseur
xuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-T1&KOBOTOUCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Font View Post
Hi Font, you must change the meta data as same as the font "georgia".
And, inorder to make sure you can change the meta data correctly, you'd better download the orginal font "georgia" at first, and look into it for the meta infomation.

Quote:
Could you please confirm if you have been able to change the Menu Font?
I confirm I have changed my KoboTouch's menu font successfully by this way.

Quote:
and whether you have done it by meta data font tool or not?
I changed my font's meta data by fontcreator. Certainly, you can use other font tools which can change the font meta.

Last edited by xuyn2003; 09-29-2011 at 05:09 AM.
xuyn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:25 AM   #9
Font
Connoisseur

Grazie xuyn2003.

I wish the Menu Font was convenient to change without having to go through all these loops. If a simple instruction for doing this or buying eReaders from those that were expert to change fonts that would also help. Even for flexible Android os products, changing fonts is a problem as I recently found out.

Tags
touch reader