Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 05:37 AM   #1
igors48
igors48 began at the beginning.

Device: LBook V3
nmdLite - RSS Feeds to FB2 format converter

nmdLite is a Java application that can convert the content of RSS feeds to FB2 format.

nmdLite can work even with "brief" RSS feeds. In this case, you need to specify XPath criterion for obtaining desired part of content page.

Some screenshots.

Here is download link.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks.
igors48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by igors48 View Post
Any comments appreciated.
Hi,Igor,

I really like your program but I only know how to use Windows. It seems that only nmdLite (not nmdparser) works in Windows but I couldn't find detailed instructions on how to configure nmdLite. For instance, I don't know how to get full articles from "brief-rss". What should I put in the box -- "Xpath criterion"? Could you please give some concrete instructions to people who don't know computer programing? I read your instruction for nmdparser but honestly I didn't know how it works for the Lite version.

And, is it possible to make nmdLite an application for Pocketbook 602? So there is no need to transfer files from PC to an e-book reader?

Thank you.

Last edited by jshzh; 02-01-2011 at 06:38 PM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2011, 02:22 AM   #3
igors48

jshzh
Hi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh
Could you please give some concrete instructions to people who don't know computer programing?
I work on step-by-step tutorial for this. I plan done with this on weekend.

About XPath criterions.

For example you can get them using the Firefox browser and add-on XPather. Just install this add-on and right click on web page and select "Show in XPather". It's not very difficult and I am ready to help with specific examples. You can give me addresses of RSS feeds, and I'll try to help with XPath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh
And, is it possible to make nmdLite an application for Pocketbook 602? So there is no need to transfer files from PC to an e-book reader?
I think that it will be hard to do. Sorry
Old 02-04-2011, 12:42 AM   #4
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Actually it is good enough for me as most of my RSS feeds don't have to be updated every day! Thank you again for the instructions you gave in the email. I linked this thread to the Pocketbook tips for more potential users!

Last edited by jshzh; 02-05-2011 at 12:15 AM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:16 AM   #5
igors48

jshzh
Thank you.
Advert

Tags
fb2, nmdlite, nmdparser, offline, rss