Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Ragged right / space between paragraphs

How can I write a simple stylesheet that will fix these two problems throughout my Sigil epub file? The right margin is ragged and there's a blank space between every paragraph.

The file has no stylesheet as such. Instead there's a lengthy one beginning each section, mostly given over to the endnotes. There are only a few sections, so I can easily add to this instead of creating an overall stylesheet.

Alternately I can start again by opening the html file, this time with a proper stylesheet in the folder. What ought the stylesheet contain?

I am most anxious that I do not destroy my endnote links in so doing. (I don't mind if I wind up with endnotes at the end of each section instead of the end of the book.)

Thanks!
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
For the ragged right margin, add this to style sections of the files you want a right justified border.

Code:
body {text-align:justify;}
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Thanks.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
For the space-between-paragraphs problem, see this entry in the FAQ.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
Oldpilot
Groupie

Thanks again!
Advert
Old 11-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
LGN
Connoisseur
LGN is on a distinguished road

Device: ProMedia eReader, Sony PRS-600
I noticed not all readers support the justify alignment
LGN is offline   Reply With Quote