Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #16
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I've seen it at Best Buy as well. I would not assume that it is still in production, however. Just now there are also refurbished KTs as well: $89 for wifi, $129 for wifi+3g. The latter is $50 less than the KPW 3g. Definitely worth considering due to the much greater storage and TTS option.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #17
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Nice find. Very interesting that they brought it back.
But it has a premium of $20 over the newer Paperwhite. Why would you want a Touch? They run the same software at this time.

(edit: except for TTS and storage, I see. Never used those... If I want to listen to audiobooks, which I don't, I'd use my much smaller mediaplayer.)

Last edited by Katsunami; 03-26-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #18
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
it has a microphone too... just saying
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #19
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
KT also has easy acccess to USB downloader mode. It's obscure, but well researched and very useful thing for recovering after possible bricks in experiments with stock software (or for complete replacing of stock software).

If you are bored with reading () and want to safely explore internals of your gadget, KT is a bit better choice than PW.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #20
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
Sold mine when I received a good PW, but when they upgraded the software to match the PW, I bought a used one due to audio and storage. It is now my send to Kindle as a backup to the cloud since it has double the storage of the others.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #21
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
My husband would probably shoot me if I bought another Kindle but I'd love one for the TTS capability as a backup for my PW.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
My husband would probably shoot me if I bought another Kindle but I'd love one for the TTS capability as a backup for my PW.
Have you heard the TTS? I really couldn't bear to listen to it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #23
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use it on my Kindle Keyboard all the time. I've gotten used to it.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, fair enough . I find the "computer voice" so distracting that I completely lose track of what it's actually saying.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #25
copyrite
Wizard

LOL, when I first started listening to Audible books I found the various intonations of the reader distracting because I was so used to the bland monotone of the TTS voice.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #26
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I love my TTS.

whilst in the beginning it was distractingly dalek... now I don't notice it.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
whilst in the beginning it was distractingly dalek... now I don't notice it.
You have something against Daleks?
Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #28
twobob

hehehe only as narrators...

"Exterminate all emotion", now I find it soothing
Old 03-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #29
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Amazon was kind enough to remove the ads from my used KT when I requested it...now I have custom screen savers on it. Nice.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #30
copyrite
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You have something against Daleks?
I had to look Dalek up, and was surprised to see Dictionary.com's comment

Quote:
[C20: from a children's television series, Dr Who]