Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 05:36 AM   #1
gsavel
gsavel began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Question I want to say hallo...and my first question...

I am the first Time in this Forum and want to say hello.

Who can help me....and answer my question? My Problem is: on my ipad II I have hundrets of ebooks. Is there a way to transfer these ebooks to calibre? In iTunes it is not possible...because iTunes want to overwrite the existence ebooks on this device!

THANKS FOR HELP AND SUPPORT

Gus
gsavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsavel View Post
I am the first Time in this Forum and want to say hello.

Who can help me....and answer my question? My Problem is: on my ipad II I have hundrets of ebooks. Is there a way to transfer these ebooks to calibre? In iTunes it is not possible...because iTunes want to overwrite the existence ebooks on this device!

THANKS FOR HELP AND SUPPORT

Gus
Are your ebooks inside an application (like Stanza for example?) or in iBooks? If inside an app like stanza, you should be able to save them out first. If inside iBooks... I really don't think you can. Have you never synced with itunes before?
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
You should be able to transfer them to Calibre from iBooks. However, the Apple DRM will prevent you from being able to read them.
If in iBooks connect to PC/Mac and open iTunes. Select the iPad in the devices list in left side bar if visible. Select apps tab and scroll down until you find iBooks and select. A list of all the books will be visible in iTunes. Select and drag them to the calibre window.

For other reader apps visible in iTunes, do the same.

Once they are in Calibre add new books to Calibre and it will upload them to the iPad.

There is a Calibre thread for more specific info.

Welcome to MR gsavel.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebooks, ipad, problem