Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #16
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Glad I could help. Actually, I thought it was some esoteric coding problem that I just couldn't see when I was first looking at it, but when the splitting of it fixed it, I decided that it must be some capacity limit, as Bernie mentioned. In retrospect, it would probably be better to split it maybe back one chapter, instead of right where the problem was happening, since that must be very close to the limit at that place. But anyway, it's good to know about.

Last edited by RAH; 10-14-2012 at 10:09 PM.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #17
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
I just want to say thanks so much! At least now I know it's not a problem with my device, even though the "Fix" is way above my area of expertise, lol! I'll just stick with paging forward an extra few pages, then clicking back to where I need to be in the glitchy files.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #18
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're welcome. I'm glad we beat it into submission, and especially that it isn't a fault of the device itself.

When I was first trying it out in Nook for PC, I actually couldn't figure out a way to get to read the page that it wouldn't go to via paging forward -i.e. page 145. But from what you say, you have it down to a science to be able to read the entire book, which is great. At least you don't have to become a techie just to read your book!

You could submit this as a "bug" to Barnes and Noble, if you are feeling proactive. I think that these offending books may be exceeding some type of documented limit, so they may technically be incorrect. However, it seems to me that the Nook should still be able to handle the ebooks that have this error, especially since everyone else seems to be able to (e.g. Adobe Digital Editions).

You wouldn't have to tell them much. In fact, you could just send them a link to this thread, I should think. Everything is here, including your demo book and the fixed version.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #19
weltonsfancy
Enthusiast
weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet
Had the same problem with several books. I found that cleaning my screen really well solved the problem. Just for an easier solution to try first.
weltonsfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #20
RAH
Guru

That would not help for books that have the same problem as the sample the OP attached. I mean, it wouldn't work correctly in Nook for PC either. The Nook could not handle the ebook correctly in this case.

But I agree that cleaning the screen might help with other balky touch problems.
Advert