Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #16
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Something I've just noticed.

Everytime I perform a replace-all in split-view, it revert the currently displayed file to code view. Is this meant to happen?

Never noticed this before as having it slit vertically always looked uncomfortable, but the horizontal split is now becoming my default view as it makes more sense on a widescreen monitor.
Yes. For now all replaces must happen in Code View. I'll look again at leaving it in the Code View window in Split View once the editors are updated. At the moment the switching to/from split view is a bit intricate and it was one change too many.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm having trouble with a lot of very simple F&R (in CV) in 0.5.2. It reports the number of instances found (current doc, selected html, all html), but it only seems to find and replace the very first instance... and then it gets stuck and won't find the next occurrence. Regular or Regex. If I close Sigil and re-open the epub, the same search will find the next occurrence and stop again. Lather, rinse, repeat. It just won't let me step though them one-at-a-time and "approve" the replacement. Using "Replace All" seems to work as expected, but is scary as hell.

I'm using the Windows 32-bit version on Vista, for the record.

EDIT: and seems it's not recognizing the \1 \2 replacement syntax for some fairly simple references (or rather it's inserting the literal "\1" "\2" instead of what they're referencing). Did something change I'm not aware of?
I just ran into the fact there is no 'Find Next' if you do a Find and do not do a replace, you have to move the cursor after the find to do another find
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #18
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I just ran into the fact there is no 'Find Next' if you do a Find and do not do a replace, you have to move the cursor after the find to do another find
What are you Find&Replace settings?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Settings?
I was trying to search for ([a-z])([A-Z]) as in runTogether
replace was \1 \2

First of all it would find punctuation (left curly quote) which it should not have, then clicking find again, would not move

I am back at Sigil 4.2 (BTW XP SP3)
Old 02-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
First of all it would find punctuation (left curly quote) which it should not have, then clicking find again, would not move
It wasn't finding (highlighting) a left curly quote for me, but it was certainly stopping to the left of that curly quote, most times, and then refusing to budge again. I tried moving the cursor around several times to maybe "jump-start" the Find sequence with no luck.

I'm cool with 0.5.1 for now. F&R is working very well for me. And the "add existing file" bug is quite effortless to work around.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2012, 02:38 AM   #21
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
(I think the patch from issue 1258 fixes the issue theducks mentioned, at least that's what my local test showed).
Ahmad Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I had tried with 'current file' as the setting (I tend to wait and see if un-planned results before turning things loose on the whole book

I am positive the crew will sort this out )
Old 02-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #23
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad Samir View Post
(I think the patch from issue 1258 fixes the issue theducks mentioned, at least that's what my local test showed).
I concur (Ubuntu 11.10, 32-bit).
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #24
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Settings?
I was trying to search for ([a-z])([A-Z]) as in runTogether
replace was \1 \2

I am back at Sigil 4.2 (BTW XP SP3)
Just to make sure if this is a different issue - what are the options you are using - mode, look, direction. I tested with your strings and they work ok in the current file. The bug is when using all or selected files, find wasn't working, although this is fixed for the next release. But if you can test again and see what your options are set to, that would help make sure this is already covered.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #25
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Just to make sure if this is a different issue - what are the options you are using - mode, look, direction. I tested with your strings and they work ok in the current file. The bug is when using all or selected files, find wasn't working, although this is fixed for the next release. But if you can test again and see what your options are set to, that would help make sure this is already covered.
Mode: REGEX, Look: All HTML, Direction: Down
when it happened

I have switched (again. I really love your rename tool) to 5.1 and search appears to be working on that release
Old 02-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #26
meme
Sigil developer

Thanks. Yeah, 5.1 search is ok.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #27
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
I second this. Utterly worthless. I waited on installing 5.x, until it was a bit more stable, but had a disastrous book in (don't ask) and needed to use Spell-check, for the first time, so installed 5.2.

Was trying to find all instances of "ain't" and replace with "ain't[space]." That's all, no regex, nothin' sexy. Sigil sits there like a dodo. Even if I move the cursor, it won't find the next instance. Moreover, it "lands" the cursor, when it does move, after some random html tag (usually for a paragraph).

I don't know what is causing this problem, but it's really, really not working for plain old vanilla word searches. This puppy might go like The Flash for regex (dunno, haven't tried it yet), but for vanilla word searches, it's deader'n Julius Caesar, @user_none, @meme. (JS: can Jing you vid if you need.) For the moment, I'm going to have to explode this sucker, jam it in NoteTab Pro and see if I can fix it that way.

(P.S. -- if we are indeed persisting in adding a spell-checker to Sigil, as I see we are, can we at least add finding the next instance of a purportedly misspelled word to it, so I don't have to sit here and scroll? I feel like I've flashed back in time 20 years. If we're going to have a wp-like feature, can we make it a skosh more usable? Thx. Sorry if I sound cranky.)

Win7 Q 64-bit box running 5.2.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #28
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Unfortunatly Hitch, this is a known issue and very, very annoying. It appears that I use that function more than I thought... I believe a fix has been uploaded already so it will be fixed in the next version.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #29
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I second this. Utterly worthless. I waited on installing 5.x, until it was a bit more stable, but had a disastrous book in (don't ask) and needed to use Spell-check, for the first time, so installed 5.2.
There are 3 possible workarounds:
1. bravely hit "replace all", this schould work always
2. Install 5.1. There are some other issues on 5.1, which maybe won't hurt you. S/R and spellcheck should work.
3. I've seen a patch at Sigil's web site (don't ask me how to handle this, but it's there)
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #30
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Unfortunatly Hitch, this is a known issue and very, very annoying. It appears that I use that function more than I thought... I believe a fix has been uploaded already so it will be fixed in the next version.
Yes, that issue and several others regarding find & replace seem to have been addressed. Unfortunately for y'all, I can only build for Linux, which doesn't help you very much.

Keep in mind though, that the whole F & R engine has been completely replaced by one much more powerful. There's bound to be lots of niggling problems with such a significant change, but JS and meme seem to be on top of things. So be patient.

Or, learn to build from git, and trade the devil you know for the devil you don't know.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote