Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Kindle for PC Registration Problem

Hi:

Could not find anything on this with a search....

I recently deregistered my iPod Touch and downloaded and installed Kindle for PC but it refuses to accept my registration, claiming no such user name or password. No question that I have entered them correctly. I even tried a reset via email and still no luck. Same password and username work fine for my account via webpage, iPad, etc.

Anyone seen this? I have emailed support but no reply yet. I suspect they will just tell me to do another (useless) reset.

Win 7 Pro 64 FYI. Tried running as admin, still nothing.

Last edited by CCDMan; 09-28-2010 at 01:02 PM.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
silly question, I know, but are you entering the same user name/password as on your Amazon account?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
silly question, I know, but are you entering the same user name/password as on your Amazon account?
Yes, copy/pasted. Using SAME copy/paste it logs into my account via the web but will not work with Kindle for PC.

I also tried typing them in manually and having my wife watch as I typed to be SURE I typed it correctly. Worked just as well, that is to say, not at all.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:07 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDMan View Post
Yes, copy/pasted. Using SAME copy/paste it logs into my account via the web but will not work with Kindle for PC.
Then you might want to use the 'call back' feature.....instead of the email option, click on phone, enter your number and they'll call back immediately.

Be in front of your computer when you do..
Old 09-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
CCDMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Then you might want to use the 'call back' feature.....instead of the email option, click on phone, enter your number and they'll call back immediately.

Be in front of your computer when you do..

Should have thought of that as I have done that with other Amazon issues.

Result: They had to bump me to level two tech support as the level one could not fix it. Level two reset my PW on their end, having seen the same thing once yesterday. That fixed the issue. It is apparently a bug that they need to fix.
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Should have thought of that as I have done that with other Amazon issues.

Result: They had to bump me to level two tech support as the level one could not fix it. Level two reset my PW on their end, having seen the same thing once yesterday. That fixed the issue. It is apparently a bug that they need to fix.
Great!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #7
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
It is apparently a bug that they need to fix.
Yes, it is. I had the same problem some weeks ago. I solved it by changing my password. It seems that Kindle for PC doesn't recognize passwords that contains non-alnum characters (like ", #, $, %, &, /, etc.) I sent them an email explaining that and they just answered me back with a "thanks, we will check..."
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #8
CCDMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
Yes, it is. I had the same problem some weeks ago. I solved it by changing my password. It seems that Kindle for PC doesn't recognize passwords that contains non-alnum characters (like ", #, $, %, &, /, etc.) I sent them an email explaining that and they just answered me back with a "thanks, we will check..."

OK, that makes sense. I amazed when sites do this since every security expert on the planet will tell you that it is not as secure and a bad idea.