Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Question Covers on newspaper/magazine subscriptions

I've got the daily download of "All Things Digital" and the monthly subscription of "PC Magazine".
The 2 issues from "PC Magazine" I've got so far have been fine.
On about half the issues of "All Things Digital" I haven't got a cover though.
In cover flow and the issue itself, it only shows a symbol of a newspaper (some columns of text as a schematic). I haven't found any systematic behind it, like late download or day of the week.
It's no biggy, but of course the "real" cover looks better, even though it's always the same, not actually a thumbnail of the actual issue.

Do you have the same? Some issues without cover?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:04 AM   #2
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Can you subscribe PC Mag on PC through vpn and Nook will download automatically every month with GPRS/EDGE without any vpn?
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2010, 05:07 AM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
Can you subscribe PC Mag on PC through vpn and Nook will download automatically every month with GPRS/EDGE without any vpn?
Yes.
I take it, you're not using the VPN client on nook anymore?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:18 AM   #4
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks.

I still use it at home when I intend to download a lot of free ebooks. But I still have to reboot my Nook to get EDGE working again.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
droople
Connoisseur
droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook,Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color
Question What's the newspaper/magazine file format on Nook

Hi
I'm thinking subscribe newspaper/magazine on Nook.

Can anyone tell me the file format of those files? Are they PDF or ePub?

Can anyone share some screen shot?

droople is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert