Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-31-2016, 04:34 AM   #46
MikeS66
MikeS66 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Hi Bookster,

I havn't found this information anywhere yet, since I'll buy my N96 from you (if I buy one), a question :

The N96 (without backlight) will have both finger-touch and stylus support. Both of these options will need some kind of power - is there a possibility to turn one or the other (or both) off, if not required? (In the device settings or elsewhere). I deactivated the WiFi on my M92 from day one on, since it decreased battery lifetime, and I just didn`t need it permanently.
MikeS66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:05 AM   #47
esfandiyar2002
Enthusiast
esfandiyar2002 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
It broke, yes.
You have posted your thoughts about Max in your recent postings.You lost your Max,I know.It turned your posting to be a philosophical thought,I know!Please stick to your nano inch gadget and enjoy the rest,while there are others who desperately waited for a long time for a 13 inch screen model.Your written posting is your lullaby for soothing yourself,I know!
esfandiyar2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2016, 03:43 PM   #48
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by esfandiyar2002 View Post
You have posted your thoughts about Max in your recent postings.You lost your Max,I know.It turned your posting to be a philosophical thought,I know!Please stick to your nano inch gadget and enjoy the rest,while there are others who desperately waited for a long time for a 13 inch screen model.Your written posting is your lullaby for soothing yourself,I know!
For those of you who are confused by this fanboy's post, he's referring to the early review I posted yesterday:
http://the-digital-reader.com/2016/03/30/99721/

Last edited by Nate the great; 03-31-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:05 PM   #49
medwatt
Zealot
medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 3 (dead); Nook ST (dead); Sony PRS-T1; Onyx i86+
Quote:
For those of you who are confused by this fanboy's post, he's referring to the early review I posted yesterday:
I still can't make any sense of it though. He has to be a [stubborn] troll.
medwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:41 PM   #50
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by medwatt View Post
I still can't make any sense of it though. He has to be a [stubborn] troll.
I think English is not his first language.

But I agree, posting a comment here is rather trollish.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2016, 09:38 AM   #51
esfandiyar2002
Enthusiast
esfandiyar2002 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
I think English is not his first language.
You see?Your rough guess is like your postings!Shallow,personal,not informative,as almost always!

Next time,when publishing another post,have a look around.Your big brother is watching you.Be advised that this is not a troll,but rather warning!

I wonder somehow you intentionally like to make fun of Onyx,as an Icarus fanboy!
esfandiyar2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:47 AM   #52
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

The next personal attack (and off-topic) post will be deleted.

Please take the time now to read our Posting Guidelines concerning behavior on Mobileread.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-04-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:13 AM   #53
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Oh, I missed that one.

I might see another niche for this "reader/tablet". Magazines and newspapers. It's that the price is a bit way too steep for it, but I'd love to own it to read my daily newspaper (yes, I still have one, and I still read it daily, and they have a very nice android app) and magazines. I now use my 8" Galaxy Note for it, but I'd love to have a bigger screen...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:49 PM   #54
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Because a USB keyboard is lower power than a BT keyboard. BT requires the e-reader to run BT (takes power, and is probably slower response time).

Yes, but they also want to use the device for no-flash text-editing (or I do, anyway). If text editing doesn't need no-flash, fine, but I don't know.

Please be aware that many people want to work and do text-processing on e-ink, not LCD. They want to either attach a keyboard and text-process without flashing, or use it as a secondary screen for their computer (again, without flashing). This is a significant market, especially for larger e-ink screens.
This!
Please take this under consideration. Note that Office Mobile is available on Android the Max would be the ideal device for those of us who like to work outdoors. But it needs to run Android 4.4.2 to support the Office suite.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:05 PM   #55
increduloussus
Enthusiast
increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox N96
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS66 View Post
The N96 (without backlight) will have both finger-touch and stylus support. Both of these options will need some kind of power - is there a possibility to turn one or the other (or both) off, if not required? (In the device settings or elsewhere). I deactivated the WiFi on my M92 from day one on, since it decreased battery lifetime, and I just didn`t need it permanently.
Hi MikeS66 - any luck finding out about this? This matters to me as well--not just for battery life but also to avoid conflicting inputs.
increduloussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:50 PM   #56
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by increduloussus View Post
Hi MikeS66 - any luck finding out about this? This matters to me as well--not just for battery life but also to avoid conflicting inputs.
This is most probably the wrong thread for such questions.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote