Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
Goldensword
Goldensword began at the beginning.

Device: none
Images coming through 'torn'.

Hi there, first post here.

I converted a word document with several images inside to rtf and then from rtf to html. Probably could have skipped the .doc to rft step but anyway...

Upon converting from html into .mobi some of the images that are at the start of the novel, a map, a list of families and the front cover art, were basically torn/scrambled and nothing was readable on them. One other image, a map came through perfectly fine.

What is my problem here and how do I fix it?

Edit: Also just noticed that the file with the .html conversion has also created the images as individual .jpeg files.
Goldensword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
You might try looking at the HTML you created in a browser to see if you see a problem there.

You say that the HTML conversion created individual files. Were they all one to start with?
You may need to use a graphics program to break one giant image apart into reasonable sized images that can be displayed in an Kindle.

Calibre converts everything to an epub for display in the viewer if I understand it. It might display better in a program specifically designed to display mobis like Kindle for PC.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensword View Post
Hi there, first post here.

I converted a word document with several images inside to rtf and then from rtf to html. Probably could have skipped the .doc to rft step but anyway...
??? HOW ???

What application did you use to convert the DOC to RTF ???

What application did you use to convert the RTF to HTML+JPEG ???

Your problem probably arises from one of these conversions and not the HTML+JPEG to MOBI conversion. The images in the DOC and RTF are not JPEGs, regardless of what their format was before you imported them into the DOC.

As mrmikel said, check the HTML in a browser to see if there are any problems there. You might also view the individual JPEGs in the browser to see if they display the same as when they are loaded via the HTML code.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Take the RTF and convert it to Mobi directly using Calibre just to see how it comes out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images, scrambled