Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #631
SirMossi
SirMossi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
Thank you for the hint, but it also does not work.
I think you meant "config_default.php". A config_local.php does not exist in my installation.

Perhaps I do some mistake with my search expression, because also with calibre-server I had had some problems when searching (but it worked sometimes). How does the search work? Is there any search expression which should work in any case?
SirMossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #632
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You did follow the instructions? It does say
Quote:
  • Extract the zip file to a folder in web space (visible to the web server).
  • If a first-time install, copy config_local.php.example to config_local.php
  • Edit config_local.php to match your config. The most important config item to edit are :
  • $config['calibre_directory'] : Path to your Calibre directory.
  • $config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] : If you want to enable URL rewriting.
  • Add some other config item from config_default.php

Last edited by PeterT; 09-30-2013 at 09:58 AM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #633
SirMossi

I think, I don't understand the config correct.
I've tried some stuff and deleted alle config files and added only an config_local.php. Then it's not possible to open the page because of missing config_default.php
If I have only a config_default.php, then I could open the page. Is it needed to have both config files? Anyway... the system reads definitly the config_default.php. Changes here affect the behaviour, while changes in config_local.php seems to be ignored.

Anyway it still does not return any search results. I think it's a problem with my apache configuration. Apache is searching for an URL starting with /stanza and this is not available. Di I have to configure something in apache?
Old 09-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #634
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@SirMossi

I do not fully understand your problem:
- do you NOT see your books out of the Calibre library in the OPDS feed?
or
- does the search option NOT give any results?

NB:
You should copy config_default.php (if it works) to config_local,php.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #635
SirMossi

the search option does not give any results.
If using the search, in the apache access log an entry with 404 (not found) is written.
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #636
SirMossi

Now I've fixed the problem.

Because Moon+ Reader is sending the URL /stanza/search/expression I need a RewriteRule to the feed.php syntax.

The rule looks like the following:
Code:
RewriteRule ^/stanza/search/(.*) /feed.php?query=$1 [R]
With this rule in the configuration I could now use the search.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:25 AM   #637
SirMossi

I have a small suggestion:
When entering a search query from an android device with word completion, most times a space is automatically entered at the end of a word. If there is a space at the end of the search query, COPS does not find the results.
For example: "game of thrones" returns a result, but "game of thrones " returns nothing. So I've added a trim around $query in Book::getBooksByQuery

And on the other side I'm looking for an idea with my Sony PRS-T2.
I've installed my calibre library and COPS on a virtual server. On this server there are several web pages in virtual hosts and also COPS is running in a virtual host. To restrict the access to COPS I'm using apache auth to access the page. Ok so far.
Now the problem: It seems, that the PRS-T2 has a bug with the authorization. I can browse the page, but I'm not able to download the ebooks. When downloading, the PRS-T2 does not resend the credentials.
My current idea is, that I copy the fetch.php with its dependencies to a subfolder in another virtual host which has no authorization implemented. But how could I make this secure?
Any ideas?
Old 10-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #638
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Hi

Is it possible to chain multiple calibre libraries? At the moment I have 5 libs and I am running 5 different Cops on the same server. I am wondering if its possible to define multiple calibre libraries in a single COPS instance? I realize this is not what everyone might need but it can be useful for users like me.

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:01 AM   #639
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by khahoon View Post
Hi

Is it possible to chain multiple calibre libraries? ... I am wondering if its possible to define multiple calibre libraries in a single COPS instance? ...
Yes!

Look in config_local.php!

Code:
    /*
     * The directory containing calibre's metadata.db file, with sub-directories
     * containing all the formats.
     * BEWARE : it has to end with a /
     * You can enable multiple database with this notation instead of a simple string :
     * $config['calibre_directory'] = array ("My database name" => "/home/directory/calibre1/", 
                                         "My other database name" => "/home/directory/calibre2/");
     */
This works! (on newer versions of COPS)
Old 10-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #640
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
Yes!

Look in config_local.php!

Code:
    /*
     * The directory containing calibre's metadata.db file, with sub-directories
     * containing all the formats.
     * BEWARE : it has to end with a /
     * You can enable multiple database with this notation instead of a simple string :
     * $config['calibre_directory'] = array ("My database name" => "/home/directory/calibre1/", 
                                         "My other database name" => "/home/directory/calibre2/");
     */
This works! (on newer versions of COPS)

Hi

Thanks I will try that. My config did not have those explanations.
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #641
mizio66
mizio66 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, Kobo Aura, Cybook Gen3
Hi!
Thanks first of all for the great tool, really useful.

I am using now COPS with marvin... i can get the feed, can download from any of the pages... but i cannot download to my ipad if i do it from a serach result in Marvin...

The process starts, few secs and then it say cannot download, address invalid...

Any idea what could be? the checkconfig thing reports all good...

thanks for any help.

M
mizio66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #642
mizio66

problems with all the other lists too...
all, author, etc.

Foud out that if in Marvin i can see the cover, i will be ableto download the book... otherwise no...

? WTH???

The same is happening if in Marvin I access COPS via Marvin browser...

If i try with Safari, same problem, so looks this is the problem: page not found http;//IP/cops/download/nnnn (a number)/title

Last edited by mizio66; 10-04-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #643
mariosipad
Guru

What happens if you try to "download" a book with a browser (preferably) Firefox on your PC/MAC/LinuxPC?

If you get the same errors there might be a problem with your COPS config.

Please report here.

[you know that marvin only opens epubs?] ;-)
Old 10-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #644
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@mizio66

I've added an entry about your problem in COPS FAQ. Could you check it out and report if it helped ?

Thanks.

@khahoon

To complete the answer Marioipad provided, the documentation was in config_default.php (and not config_local.php).

@SirMossi

Quote:
I have a small suggestion:
When entering a search query from an android device with word completion, most times a space is automatically entered at the end of a word. If there is a space at the end of the search query, COPS does not find the results.
For example: "game of thrones" returns a result, but "game of thrones " returns nothing. So I've added a trim around $query in Book::getBooksByQuery
You're right I'll add the trim

Quote:
Now the problem: It seems, that the PRS-T2 has a bug with the authorization. I can browse the page, but I'm not able to download the ebooks. When downloading, the PRS-T2 does not resend the credentials.
My current idea is, that I copy the fetch.php with its dependencies to a subfolder in another virtual host which has no authorization implemented. But how could I make this secure?
Any ideas?
I've heard of this problem (from another user). The only way to cleanly fix it is to remove fetch.php and use index.php for everything ... But it's not as simple as that. I'll think about it.

Quote:
Now I've fixed the problem.

Because Moon+ Reader is sending the URL /stanza/search/expression I need a RewriteRule to the feed.php syntax.
Last time I tested Moon+ reader it didn't need anything like that (generating an invalid stream was enough). I'll check it out.

By the way my previous post was wrong you shoud add this line :

Code:
$config['cops_generate_invalid_opds_stream'] = "1";
About your misunderstanding about COPS configuration, it's simple :
* config_default.php contains all the default values. It should never be modified (because it will be overwritten with every new COPS release).
* For your first installation you can copy config_local.php.example to config_local.php
* If you want to change a default value, copy the line from config_default.php to config_local.php and change it there.

If the Readme is not clear enough, could you propose another way to explain it ?
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #645
mizio66

I just solved... It was the rights... Chmodding the files made it work... Only a few were working as these were the ones i created last.
So, probably a problem like before with Moon+

Thanks a nyhow!! Looking fw to new releases!

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology