Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #211
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I didn't know that was there either--I'll certainly try and populate it with the author url.

Thanks to both of you for pointing that out.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #212
FFreader920
FFreader920 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Nook STR w Glowlight
I've been using the FFDL web app for some time now and was very interested in this plug-in. However, I can't get it to work for me at all. Opening the app, clicking a menu, touching anything immediately shuts the plug-in down (along with Calibre). I posted in another forum earlier and was directed here. Here's part of the error. I've got more if you want. Any thoughts? I updated Calibre version and just DL'd plug-in update.

Thanks for your help.

---
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000008

VM Regions Near 0x8:
-->
__TEXT 0000000100000000-0000000100002000 [ 8K] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/MacOS/calibre

Application Specific Information:
objc[1124]: garbage collection is OFF
Performing @selector(qtDispatcherToQAction from sender NSMenuItem 0x110e395a0

---
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #213
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@FFreader920 - Actually, I was trying to direct you up a level or two where the calibre devs (vs plugin devs) hang out. I don't know any more here than I did on the mail list, sorry.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #214
FFreader920

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@FFreader920 - Actually, I was trying to direct you up a level or two where the calibre devs (vs plugin devs) hang out. I don't know any more here than I did on the mail list, sorry.
No problem -- and thank you! I will head there.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #215
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@FFreader920 - Following Kovid's suggestion, I've made a version that keeps explicit references to the menu items. Please give the attached version a try and see if it solves your problem.

See the Plugin Intro thread if you need help manually installing it.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-14-2012 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Advert
Old 04-11-2012, 01:33 AM   #216
FFreader920

Smile Problem solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@FFreader920 - Following Kovid's suggestion, I've made a version that keeps explicit references to the menu items. Please give the attached version a try and see if it solves your problem.

See the Plugin Intro thread if you need help manually installing it.
Wow -- so ... that absolutely worked! I just downloaded a couple of stories and updates. Thank you so much. It's like magic!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #217
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I'm glad we could get that sorted. I hope to put it out as the next official version later today.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #218
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

FYI, v1.5.13 is out.

New site: archive.skyehawke.com plus a fix for FFreader920's crashing problem.

As usual, there may be a delay before calibre notices the new version. You can get the latest by going in and telling calibre to install it again.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #219
jackr
Connoisseur
jackr has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook STR, Pocket eDGe
It looks like fimfiction.net has undergone some changes again. When updating, I am losing the cover images on most of the stories. So far only one has kept itself after an update.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/6975/ This one still works.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/4843/ And this is an example of one that doesn't.

I noticed on one fic that the author included a source link beneath their image. I never seen this before, so maybe that has something to do with it?

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/19066/ Has a source link.

And last but not least, is there a better place that I should go for adapter-site issues? I don't want to clutter this thread with posts about issues if they would be better addressed elsewhere.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #220
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@jackr - The project user group is arguably a better place for adapter issues, as opposed to plugin specific issues. However, it's not always clear when an issue is plugin specific or not. If you found the problem using the plugin, I'm not likely to complain if you post it here.

This particular problem with fimfiction.net is happening because fimfiction.net is leaving off the 'http:' on story image URLs. IE, '//static.fimfiction.net/images/...' instead of 'http://static.fimfiction.net/images/...'. The browser are apparently prepared to live with this level of broken and fill in the 'http:'.

(http://www.fimfiction.net/story/6975/ only appears to work because there is a similar image in the first chapter that's being picked up for the cover.)

I've put a kludge in the adapter to deal with this and attached a beta version for you to try. I won't be able to put out an official version until Monday.

You could try reporting it as a problem to the site admins, but since they don't seem to think dates need the year...

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-17-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 04-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #221
jackr
Connoisseur

Thanks, works perfectly so far . According to a post on their main page, fimfiction has undergone a server change and that there are some bugs to work out. I will post a comment on their site about that partial url issue.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #222
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Hi, I love this plugin and I just had one question. Is there a way to disable the confirmation box that pops up asking if you're an adult for the archive of our own archive? It's not so bad when I'm downloading one story but when I try to download five or six at a time it's not so much fun.

I'd appreciate any and all help,
thanks!
Amalthia

EDIT: Figured it out. Apparently I needed to remove the # sign from the url, username, password, and the adult:true line.

Last edited by Amalthia; 04-16-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #223
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New version released:

Change "Include images in EPUBs?" to effect [epubs], not [defaults].
Kludge for incomplete story image URLs on fimfiction.net
Old 04-19-2012, 04:52 AM   #224
jackr
Connoisseur

Fimfiction.net is down for maintenance by the looks of it. But I have found out that if I run an update on any stories that contain them, the plugin hangs and I have to force quit Calibre. I ran a test on a single fimfiction story and the time it takes to determine whether it can get the story is long; I counted 84 seconds that the plugin waits for to get a response.

The error code I get after the wait is this:
Quote:
<urlopen error [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond>
I am not sure if it will help any with the plugin, and thankfully sites are rarely down, but I am posting this in case it is something that can be tweaked so that the plugin doesn't hang on a story more than it has to.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #225
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@jackr - Because the server doesn't return a connection refused, the downloader has to first wait for the connection to time out. Then, to deal with slow & flakey servers, it sleeps a little while and tries again a couple times before really failing.

It's a trade off between failing quickly when it's really down and waiting & trying when it's just flakey. I'm inclined to leave it as it is.
Closed Thread