Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #16
ryran
Connoisseur
ryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbdev View Post
i try to avoid modifying the root file system.
Thanks for explaining your thinking here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbdev View Post
come for the code; stay because you don't know what the hell is going to come out of my mouth next.
hehe... You made me chuckle with that. Soooo.. the way you talk about shell scripting and C, you make it sound like it would be easy for a talented shell-scripter to learn C. Yeah?

I've never tried.
I will say this though: I've never been interested in perl. Blech. (Though, there were a few times I used it in my scripts to do something that bash just couldn't handle as simply.)
ryran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #17
fbdev
fbdev
fbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel is

Device: kindle
learn C. period.

here's the book:
C

here's the unix addendum:
unix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryran View Post
Thanks for explaining your thinking here.

hehe... You made me chuckle with that. Soooo.. the way you talk about shell scripting and C, you make it sound like it would be easy for a talented shell-scripter to learn C. Yeah?

I've never tried.
I will say this though: I've never been interested in perl. Blech. (Though, there were a few times I used it in my scripts to do something that bash just couldn't handle as simply.)
fbdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #18
fbdev
fbdev
fbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel is

when i use perl it's faustian; the language is hideous but if you want to change text, well, let's just say that people go to whore houses for a reason and it ain't love.

Quote:
Old 08-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #19
ryran
Connoisseur
ryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with others

Awww.. no kindle version?
I'm intrigued. I've never planned to learn C. Python, yes.. but not C. You've got me interested.

edit, on perl: LMAO.
edit again: Man.. I really wish there were kindle versions of those. I live in the middle east. Perhaps I can find that in a book store.

Last edited by ryran; 08-27-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #20
fbdev
fbdev

C is a very old language.
what is astonishing is how long it has remained almost entirely unchanged.
think for a moment how many pieces of software have that kind of longevity.

Quote:
Awww.. no kindle version?
I'm intrigued. I've never planned to learn C. Python, yes.. but not C. You've got me interested.

edit, on perl: LMAO.
edit again: Man.. I really wish there were kindle versions of those. I live in the middle east. Perhaps I can find that in a book store.
Advert
Old 08-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #21
ryran
Connoisseur

Indeed. Point taken.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #22
fbdev
fbdev

the unix book is on kindle.
kindle ed

but if you don't have the first one, it's not particularly useful.

Quote:
edit again: Man.. I really wish there were kindle versions of those. I live in the middle east.