Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Staples coupon : $100 off any tablet

WOW!!!! If you've been holding out and have a Staples near you, this is the time.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20081008-58/get-an-acer-iconia-10-inch-android-tablet-for-$299.98/?tag=cnetRiver

coupon here

http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/...D=552179&n=927

Last edited by boswd; 07-20-2011 at 10:33 AM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Darn, they excluded the Nook Color.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
yeah imagine that for $150?

but I', heading to races in Saratoga Springs this weekend, if I don't lose my shirt I just may have an Asus transformer to keep me company on the trip back home
Old 07-20-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Awesome thanks for the link, I was waiting till the end of this year to pick up a tablet. I think this will definitely push me over the edge to get one.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #5
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Awesome thanks for the link, I was waiting till the end of this year to pick up a tablet. I think this will definitely push me over the edge to get one.
I'm with you I was going to wait until the Fall when everyone is basically has their tablets out and such but $100 off a Transformers makes this almost an impulse buy.
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
HP is not getting any love either.

It would be nice to pick up another nook for $150.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:18 AM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Wow! That is a good deal. The Acer has been on sale at Target and Best Buy for $50 off, but that's not true at Staples I guess, still for and Iconia for $299 is a damn good deal!

I'm still leaning towards a Nook Color as an additional tablet.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:43 AM   #8
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
I've heard that Office Depot will match the coupon so if you go to Staples and can't get the tablet in stock, it may be an option. I'm so close to buying the Iconia for $299 plus tax, but all the Staples in my area are sold out. Still Office Depot doesn't show any availability on it either within 10 miles of where I live.
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #9
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
No Staples within 50 miles from me had the Acer.... so I walked out of one with a 199.99 Dell Streak 7 that I am using to type this.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #10
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And so what do you think of it so far?????
Old 07-22-2011, 10:13 PM   #11
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I've been promising myself I'd wait for some of Amazon's entries, but when a friend showed me this one... it is tempting. I haven't yet read enough of the slickdealers thread to see if people could use it with kiosk orders (I've heard the transformer isn't sold in store), but that could be a pretty decent deal. I think the sold-separately keyboard dock is pretty over-priced, and I would want it eventually, but I could wait for a deal on that too. The thrive looks nicer at with the coupon too.

For now, I'm still trying to steel myself and wait.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #12
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
I dig it. It has almost the same specs as the Acer but in a seven inch package. It is like using a faster rooted Nook color. For the price I am very happy with it.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:47 PM   #13
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
Yay, so I called around and found a Staples about 20 miles away with an Acer Iconia in stock. So far I really like it :-) Still I posted both my Netbook and DSLite on Craigslist to offset the cost a bit. Ended up getting $125 for the Netbook and $ 100 for the DSL with 4 games. All in all, I'm happy they sold so fast and am happy to have $225 to help justify the $324 the Iconia cost. I suppose this means it really only cost me $101 and some devices I never use. The DS hasn't been used since Christmas and the netbook gets taken out only for travel.
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:50 PM   #14
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolina View Post
Yay, so I called around and found a Staples about 20 miles away with an Acer Iconia in stock. So far I really like it :-) Still I posted both my Netbook and DSLite on Craigslist to offset the cost a bit. Ended up getting $125 for the Netbook and $ 100 for the DSL with 4 games. All in all, I'm happy they sold so fast and am happy to have $225 to help justify the $324 the Iconia cost. I suppose this means it really only cost me $101 and some devices I never use. The DS hasn't been used since Christmas and the netbook gets taken out only for travel.
Very cool!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:17 PM   #15
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Hey kikar and anabolina (congrats to you both btw, new tech is always fun), did they offer best-buy-style 3rd party warranties at the counter? I'm not worried about it, I'm just admiring how generous this coupon is, and how it's not tied to a particular manufacturer, and that it's in-store only and wondering if staples is counting on up-sells to offset the promo at all.

I wonder if many people would feel more willing to grab the warranty after savings $100 or if it mostly just attracts cheapskates like myself who might not be buying otherwise.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote