Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
genome2k
Enthusiast
genome2k began at the beginning.

Device: iRex ILIAD
Is it possible to use iLiad as tablet?

And directly inputting handwritings on to the computer using softwares like MyScript Stylus?
genome2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #2
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
There's been some speculation, but I don't think anyone has managed this. It might be possible to do something with xwindows, but I think it would be hard, and xwindows on the Mac doesn't integrate well with other apps. I don't know if xwindows works on Windows at all.

On the other hand, you can bring the sketches or notes to the PC or Mac fairly easily, as they are just png files. Evernote (available on both PC and Mac) will attempt to recognize the handwriting for index/search purposes, if that's what you need. If you use a CF card, I recommend mounting it directly on the computer with an adapter, rather than mounting through the iLiad. My CF card was corrupted while mounting through the iLiad several times, and I've had no more file corruptions since I switched to using an adapter.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:39 AM   #3
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Technicallly, it's absolutely possible. In reality, you can't do it unless you write a application on your own.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:38 AM   #4
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
It can.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15144
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:42 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
There's been some speculation, but I don't think anyone has managed this. It might be possible to do something with xwindows, but I think it would be hard, and xwindows on the Mac doesn't integrate well with other apps. I don't know if xwindows works on Windows at all.
There are numerous X-Windows servers available for Windows, both commercial and freeware.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:33 AM   #6
54wo
54wo began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin jinke
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
It seems that this only works under linux. Can it be feasible under WinXP or Vista?
54wo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #7
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
I even participated in that thread! I had forgotten about how far that project had gotten.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #8
orcinus
Gadgeteer
orcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770, BB 7200, Samsung i600, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by genome2k View Post
Is it possible to use iLiad as tablet?
No. It's too big to swallow...
(and has doubtful medicinal and nutritional value)
orcinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:16 AM   #9
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcinus View Post
No. It's too big to swallow...
(and has doubtful medicinal and nutritional value)
But it can quite easily be cleaved.
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:09 AM   #10
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Quote:
But it can quite easily be cleaved.

Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote