Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #406
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I really like the T2 too.
Better than the T1, as a mate said before.
For me, the problem is only the device can not be hacked.
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #407
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post
Is it? I had on my T1 a file that slowed down considerably when I created more than 100 highlights. It was a PDF, I admit, because I needed to export the whole file with the comments afterwards and I don't know how to do that with epubs.
First of all Thanks book worm girl your posts are always useful/

Dear fellow idle,
please tell me this crucial question for me, as i use only pdfs, was only the file you annotated slow or the system overal?
cheers
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #408
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
Dear fellow,
please tell me this crucial question for me, as i use only pdfs, was only the file you annotated slow or the system overal?
cheers
Only the file. Other files and other reader's functions were still as usual, only using (reading etc.) this one slowed down.
idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #409
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post
Only the file. Other files and other reader's functions were still as usual, only using (reading etc.) this one slowed down.
cheers idle
t2 remains quite cool from my view hope at least there will be the possibility to install some chess sw
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #410
rpw4031
rpw4031 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
places to buy

I bought my T2 online through the Sony store a month ago. I looked in all the usual places (that I'm aware of here in the US) to try it out before buying, like Best Buy, Target, Radio Shack, but couldn't find it. I thought maybe it was too new of a release to be on the shelves. But here it is a month later and no T2s to be found in any physical store. In fact, now you'd be hard pressed to find a t1 either. Why the major delay in getting these out? Is Sony conceding or could they have a tweak up their sleeves?

The T1s used to be everywhere.
rpw4031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #411
fafaforza
Zealot
fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Aura ONE
Maybe retailers want to use the space for tablets, which are all the rage now. The eReader displays in most Best Buys I've been to looked lke they were forgotten about. Maybe the T2 isn't too different to bother, whereas the T1 was a complete redesign from the PRS-*50
fafaforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #412
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
With the syncing to the Sony site for the T2, can one email docs (such as news blogs) to the T2 using Calibre and the Sony server?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #413
Tdew
Tdew began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Sorry for the duplicate post - don't know how to remove it. Meant to say that the wireless in the hotel doesn't work well, so I haven't been able to get the books that way either.

Last edited by Tdew; 10-01-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Tdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #414
Tdew

New device in Italy -but can't get my books

Hi all, I hope someone can help with the new PRS-T2
I am away from home - in Italy. My computer bag was stolen and I lost my laptop and 2 Sony PRS 505 ereaders. The only Sony ereader I could find in a store was the PRS-T2
I've gotten it recognized by Sony. Most of my books are still in Sony's format and I can see them on the website. I just can't get them to download. Double clicking on them does nothing. The device says it is recognized. But there is no longer the column that shows the connections on the left. You used to be able to see the bookstore, the library (that you'd downloaded the books to) and the device that you could drag the books from computer to reader. I don't see any of that. What am I missing? I've finally got the book switched over to English!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #415
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdew View Post
I am away from home - in Italy. My computer bag was stolen and I lost my laptop and 2 Sony PRS 505 ereaders. The only Sony ereader I could find in a store was the PRS-T2
I've gotten it recognized by Sony. Most of my books are still in Sony's format and I can see them on the website. I just can't get them to download. Double clicking on them does nothing. The device says it is recognized. But there is no longer the column that shows the connections on the left. You used to be able to see the bookstore, the library (that you'd downloaded the books to) and the device that you could drag the books from computer to reader. I don't see any of that. What am I missing? I've finally got the book switched over to English!
Have you made sure that the T2 is Adobe authorised? Thats the only thing that springs to mind.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #416
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdew View Post
What country is your native store in? Sony has several different country specific store sites and you may need to switch it to the correct one:

From the main screen, Settings, then General Settings, then Country/Region. I think if this is set to something other than your home country, you'll connect to the wrong store and won't be able to see/get your books.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #417
Tdew

Thank you! I don't know why or how, but it started to work and I now have my books to read again. Native country is US. I was able to get the books I had purchased before the trip. Magic? I'm just really happy and glad it worked.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #418
Jasmine GreenTea
Enthusiast
Jasmine GreenTea began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa E2, Kobo Aura H20 ed 2, Kobo Clara, Sony PRS T2 & T3
Dictionaries on T2

Hi everyone,

I am new here, as I am new to e-Readers. I had long searched for an intelligent e-reader, that should allow me the kind of interaction with books that I have when reading real paper books: I mean annotations, underlining, scribbling...

Sony's T2 seems to fulfill my expectations greatly.

I have already read 3 books --that is some 500 conventional pages-- and I am thrilled at the ease of use and the visual comfort.

I have learned to be consistent when using Calibre, and also I am using Sigil to correct the formatting of those books that I dislike (I am surprized how many books sport spaces between paragraphs instead of first-line-indent and left-alignment instead of justification...).

I would like to ask you one question: Which are your dictionaries installed on your T2?
Mine has:
- New Oxford American Dictionary
- Oxford Dict of English
- Oxford-Hachett EM-FR and FR-EN
- Oxford Spanish Dictionary EN-ES and ES-EN
...and that's all!

Now, this seems fewer than the dictionaries currently advertised in Europe . On the Libri.de website, three more languages appear: Italian, German and Dutch.

Judging by the options of locations it ahs (just US and CA), my T2 seems to have been imported here in Europe from the United States. I'd like to know if those of you living in the States also have this somewhat more limited set of dictionaries?

Thanks.
-
Jasmine GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #419
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine GreenTea View Post
I'd like to know if those of you living in the States also have this somewhat more limited set of dictionaries?
Yes, I am in the US and have only the 6 dictionaries on my T2: Oxford American, Oxford English, EN-FR, FR-EN, ES-EN, EN-ES.

Last edited by pssquirrel; 10-15-2012 at 06:52 PM.
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #420
Jasmine GreenTea
Enthusiast
Jasmine GreenTea began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa E2, Kobo Aura H20 ed 2, Kobo Clara, Sony PRS T2 & T3
Different T2 in Europe?

@ pssquirrel

Thank you for confirming the presence of these dictionaries in the US model. These are down from a longer list on the T1, right?

I am curious if Sony bothered to make a separate version for the T2 sold in Europe. Frankly, I doubt it: economically it wouldn't make much sense.

(We keep hearing complaints from the French or the Germans about the lack of French- or German-centered dictionaries; that is, dictionaries using these languages --rather than the unescapable English-- as the default language to/from which translations are made).

In that case, I guess the info I got from Libri.DE was probably obsolete, as it referred to the T1. That's my haunch...
Jasmine GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote