Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
One reason I love my 300 that I don't see mentioned often

one of my favorite things about the 300 is how easy it is to hold. With the 505, the center of gravity is so high, it's more tiring to hold in one hand. With the 300, the center of gravity is much closer to my hand, which means I can hold it one-handed forever. And the button placement is such that, whichever hand I'm holding it in, I can flip the pages using that center button. Love it!
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:31 AM   #2
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
I have to second that emotion.

Having recently been forced to swap to a 300 from my loved (but now deceased) 505, the biggest pleasure has been the discovery of how easy and comfortable the 300 is to use with one hand.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2010, 05:40 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
That's an important point, Max, but one I've never considered a problem with my 505. I fitted it with one of those flip-top leather covers and the little loop at the back means that, by slipping a couple of fingers through, it can lie safely and cofortably in my palm, leaving the thumb free to turn pages.

Other advantages to the flip-top, by the way, are that the device is solidly free standing if I read while I eat, the top can be used (still single-handedly) to sheild the screen in strong sunlight, it looks like the most expensive hardback on a library shelf ... and one sniff of the leather is enough to settle an argument with those naysayers who complain that readers don't smell like *real* books.

Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:34 AM   #4
Dusty
Connoisseur
Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 300, T1
The size and weight was the deciding factor in my buying the 300.
I prefer reading soft cover over hard cover books, comfort wise. The 300 felt natural in my hands.
I believe it was designed to do one function and do it well.
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Mostly agree, but turning pages one-handedly in portrait mode is a bit awkward on the 300, or the 600 and 900. I do wish sony would add ambidexterous page turning buttons on the side bezels. But since I most often read my 300 and 900 in landscape mode and I'm left handed it works out okay. One thing is for sure, the size is very portable and the build quality is terrific.
Advert
Old 05-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
Mel_Putra
Enthusiast
Mel_Putra is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-300
[QUOTE=neilmarr;889581] I fitted it with one of those flip-top leather covers and the little loop at the back.

Hi Neilmarr,
Do you mean the M-Edge Platform Jacket? I had been thinking which of their products are better... Anyone else with more suggestions?
Mel_Putra is offline   Reply With Quote