Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #16
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I'm more impressed by this than any e-ink devices I've seen, apart, of course, from the prs 505. If they get it up and running for a reasonable price, and I have the money at the time, I might consider this: the contrast is the big selling factor.
I certainly hope the new screens are significantly better than that in the 505.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #17
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
What I really want to know about is if there is any change in resolution density. A color filtered screen will need four sub-pixels to produce color while it currently takes one pixel to produce monochrome. It would be exciting if the new screens are double the resolution for monochrome devices. It's getting silly with e-ink devices getting bigger and bigger to accommodate the density of newspapers and textbooks.

And with the $500 ipad out there, I hope e-ink will see to it that at least their screen component is not to be blamed for high device prices. It's a bit absurd that current e-ink readers have pretty much the same ram amount and cpu power as a pda from ten years ago and yet priced to match other current devices that are many times more capable hardware-wise.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert