Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-02-2009, 09:23 AM   #61
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
It will not cause your battery to fail sooner or later and will not affect its capacity or duration.
Well, if your device thinks there's only 10% left when the battery is still half-full, it will lead to incredibly short battery-life. I had this with my P900 cellphone.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #62
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
Well, if your device thinks there's only 10% left when the battery is still half-full, it will lead to incredibly short battery-life. I had this with my P900 cellphone.

Then you probably had a bad battery or device. As noted above and around the internet Li-Ion batteries do no exhibit memory issues and overcharging etc. don't affect them in the same manner as older types of rechargables.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #63
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
YAY! It was delivered to Astak!

Hopefully it will get back here faster than that.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #64
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
YAY! It was delivered to Astak!

Hopefully it will get back here faster than that.
When there's nothing else, there is always hope!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #65
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Then you probably had a bad battery or device. As noted above and around the internet Li-Ion batteries do no exhibit memory issues and overcharging etc. don't affect them in the same manner as older types of rechargables.
Actually, the battery was good for 2 years. Then, because I kept reading about the lack of a memory effect, I decided to charge my phone whenever I wanted to, and within days I lost most of the capacity (or whatever it's called) - I now got a day's worth of use when I was able to go for 3, sometimes 4 days.
Calibrating the battery was not the solution. It got better, but not to the durability I had before.

No, I didn't change my habits. Still read the same, surfed the same and phoned the same as before.

My brand new iPhone managed to drain its battery within 13 hours Hope it gets better!
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #66
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
Well I've been watching the tracking of my parcel on UPS and saw that had cleared customs, So I thought maybe I'll get it today or tomorrow. I just checked the UPS site and the latest update had this:
"We attempted to deliver your item in GREAT BRITAIN at 2:15 PM on October 1, 2009."
Pretty strange as I've been in since 1 PM and two other people as well, I didn't get a (called but you were out) slip through the door either
I do hope they have the right address on the package I shall go down to my main post office and inquire tomorrow
I Saw this same message when I got my Pocket Pro. Its a bit misleading

What it meant was that as there was a Customs Charge payable, it had been delivered to the Royal Mail / Parcel force Deport in town, who then sent me the Letter with the transaction code to pay the charge (Which can take a couple of days to arrive ).

I'll suggest using the USPS tracking code on the Parcelforce site to track the status of the parcel. It should Probably Say something like Customs charging pending.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #67
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FedEx is SLOW on updating their tracking system. Last night, I checked and the last thing I saw was that it left RenoNV on the 3rd. Just this morning (6th), I checked, and it said it left SaltLakeCityUT on the 4th. I should have seen this yesterday morning. How can I see how close it is or track it when its so far behind? I may as well not have tracking at all.

At least I know it's still moving.

Last edited by griffonwing; 10-06-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #68
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Fedex FINALLY updated their tracking page. It's now in Memphis TN. It must have gone from North Salt Lake, UT, through KC and St Louis then down to Memphis, which basically just arc'd a half circle around my town.

It's not due here until tomorrow, but still.

According to this page, STL and Memphis are hubs, and I am assuming that AR falls under the Memphis jurisdiction. That great for shipments from the east coast, but royally sucks for those from the west.

Oh well. 24 more hours to go.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:04 PM   #69
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Fedex FINALLY updated their tracking page. It's now in Memphis TN. It must have gone from North Salt Lake, UT, through KC and St Louis then down to Memphis, which basically just arc'd a half circle around my town.

It's not due here until tomorrow, but still.

According to this page, STL and Memphis are hubs, and I am assuming that AR falls under the Memphis jurisdiction. That great for shipments from the east coast, but royally sucks for those from the west.

Oh well. 24 more hours to go.
A week and some change for me. I finally got in the mail but FedEx said it won't make it to Astak until Monday. Unless Astak wanted to send it to me before they go it.

The long wait shall begin.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #70
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

The long wait will be worth it.

I bought a Western Digital media player on Monday, and it should be here by Friday. It'll hook up to a TV via SVideo or HDMI and will play media through it's 2 USB ports. I have over 500GB of TV shows and audio on a terrabyte drive, and now I don't have to worry about converting my PC to a media center.

I also don't have to worry about having to spent countless hours creating and encoding DVDs, which downsample during transcoding. YAY!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #71
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
The long wait will be worth it.

I bought a Western Digital media player on Monday, and it should be here by Friday. It'll hook up to a TV via SVideo or HDMI and will play media through it's 2 USB ports. I have over 500GB of TV shows and audio on a terrabyte drive, and now I don't have to worry about converting my PC to a media center.

I also don't have to worry about having to spent countless hours creating and encoding DVDs, which downsample during transcoding. YAY!
I think thinking about getting one of those. My mom always whines about missing her shows and she's like years backlogged. I've slowly got her on hulu though.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #72
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Congrats on the Purchase. I have one of those, and have to say i'm quiet happy with it. One of the nice touches was including the HDMI which a lot of companies don't which is very irritating.

I've got it hooked up to a 500GB Mybook full of Videos, Movies and Pictures and it does work quiet well. The interface is comparatively easy to use and pretty self explanatory, so you don't need to crack open a manual. I'll also suggest upgrading to the latest firmware as it add a little more stability and codec support.

The first time you hook it up, it does take an age to detect the drive and start indexing it.

Just keep in mind that while it does work with Avi / XVID files, its a little fussy about which ones It'll work with. I had to reencode a couple of seasons worth of shows as the were in a non supported codec. Better to standardise on somthing like MPEG4 which pretty much all devices nowadays seem to support.

I only wish it were networked so that I can add new content without having the physically go to the drive and load it on. But thats a Minor COmplaint, and something knew about when I got it.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #73
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
I think thinking about getting one of those. My mom always whines about missing her shows and she's like years backlogged. I've slowly got her on hulu though.
Hmm, if she's going to be using Hulu a lot, it might make more sense to get something like a Mac Mini or Mediacenter PC in a Small (Shuttle) case.

While more expensive, it will allow her to access Hulu using their Hulu Desktop which appears to provide a more remote friendlt experience then just using the site (Can't say for sure as am outside the US).

At the same time having a full PC will mean that all her other files will also be accessible. And using frontrow or MEdiacenter gives a simple easy to use interface.

Unfortunately Hulu currently (as far as I'm aware) does not allow standalone boxes like Popcorn Hour or Roku access, and actively works to block them. Otherwise they could provide an ideal solution.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #74
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

This thread has gotten off topic, but since I am the OP, I support this . Especially as I am the one who derailed it to begin with.

That said, I have never hulu'd. I've dabbled, but since it doesn't have every episode of the shows I like, it's not a viable alternative.

I have used a torrent program (eMule) to download 72-p and HD TV rips, so I will see occasional annoying in-show ads of other shows that pop up during broadcast. (does anyone else find those ads annoying and invasive, especially during a tense dramatic moment of a show?)

Anyway, Since i have not had television in over 5 years, I am making up for lost time. I have all 5 seasons of House, and catching up on 6 as it broadcasts. I love Fringe (Noble is incredible), Lie to Me (Roth is spectacular), Dollhouse is actually quite good, better than expected, Defying Gravity (hopefully they will complete the season and go for season 2), Eureka is very entertaining, as is Castle.

Not to mention shows from BBC (by BBC, I am referring to all British Television, not 'just' the BBC channel).

As for the WD box, I got a good deal on eBay, $70.99, free shipping. Brand new. 30 bucks off the new price, it's worth it to me. It'll save me on buying blank disks.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #75
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Anyway, Since i have not had television in over 5 years, I am making up for lost time. I have all 5 seasons of House, and catching up on 6 as it broadcasts. I love Fringe (Noble is incredible), Lie to Me (Roth is spectacular), Dollhouse is actually quite good, better than expected, Defying Gravity (hopefully they will complete the season and go for season 2), Eureka is very entertaining, as is Castle.
I'm really surprised at DG. Its stories actually manage to overcome the vast number of factual errors.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote