Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-27-2008, 12:01 AM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Just saw the 505 on a TV Show

I'm half watching TV and reading MobileRead when I look up to see a character on the show "Valentine" (on the CW) hold up a Sony Reader. The episode takes place in the offices of a large bookseller and the character holding the 505 up says something like "... the electronic paper display has a sharp high resolution screen, that looks and reads like real paper. We predict that the book itself will be obsolete by the year 2025".

This was not product placement as the Sony name was "greeked out" (covered with tape) but it is very recognizable.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I use new cars showing up in TV shows (in the backgrounds, not as one of the main characters' rides) as an indicator of how much those cars are penetrating the market. Not anything scientific, of course, more of a self-amusement exercise. I guess this could be a sign that the electronic is really starting to penetrate.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2008, 11:06 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I use new cars showing up in TV shows (in the backgrounds, not as one of the main characters' rides) as an indicator of how much those cars are penetrating the market. Not anything scientific, of course, more of a self-amusement exercise. I guess this could be a sign that the electronic is really starting to penetrate.
well i'd say that's good news, overall.

i've never heard of that show, is it particularly geeky, or not ? or is it about books / publishing, specifically ? (to further refine the degree of tech penetration...).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not sure -- it's a brand new one I've only seen one promo for. I hadn't planned to watch it, but if there was a PRS in the first episode ....
Old 10-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist

Ah, here's a synopsis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine_(TV_series)
Advert
Old 10-27-2008, 11:12 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist

And after reading the premise ... I'm going back to my original "skip it" plan.

No space ships, explosions, etc.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:13 AM   #7
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
And after reading the premise ... I'm going back to my original "skip it" plan.

No space ships, explosions, etc.
Bleasch... romantic-comdey... not my cup of tea exactly
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:17 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
heh... i don't choose my television specifically for the spaceship or explosion content, but that doesn't look like my cup of tea either (anything that uses the word "soulmate" in a non-ironic way, i usually prefer to avoid).

on the other hand, i might watch the first episode, if i have the occasion, just to see the sony guest star.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist

Maybe someone will post the scene on YouTube.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:51 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's not very good. It was just background noise for me mostly. I post some pictures in a bit (I was able to save that bit on my TiVo).
Old 10-27-2008, 08:01 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Here are some still grabs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5051.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	17358   Click image for larger version

Name:	5055.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	17359   Click image for larger version

Name:	5058.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	17360  
Old 10-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist

Cool! Thanks, daffy4u.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #13
Ivoch
Enthusiast
Ivoch began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Just an FYI - the episode in question is not the pilot, but the last week's episode (#4).

While I also like spaceships and laz0rz, I still watch Valentine - it's a nice change of pace from all the action shows I'm following (I only watch 10 shows per week ).
Ivoch is offline   Reply With Quote