Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
jetBook Color 2 with New Color E ink screen is coming...

Accrording this article
posted on www.the-ebook.org forum today jetBook Color 2 with New Color E ink screen will be available on March 2013!
They posted many pictures compare it with other models:

It looks like new version will have much better colors and contrast.

You can see the Google translation of this article here
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
i literally can not see a difference in the side by side between color 1 and color 2 and really the problem with the Jet Book color is not really the color or lack thereof- its the abysmal firmware
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
charmian
Addict
charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW2
I can see a slight difference in the color. The pics on the original article are also worth noting: the color filter does seem to worsen the b&w contrast as well.

However the saturation is still pretty bad. It looks like faded color newsprint.
charmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
For all we know the display might as well be the same from version 1 and 2. The translation with google shows nothing on improved specs. The only spec I could see was the battery - which doesn't mean a whole lot.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
I look forward to seeing more photos of this.

Since these are the first to be released I'm sure there has to be a discrepancy between the screens with the new screen significantly more impressive.

I guess we have to wait on this as I haven't read anything about Ectaco making a formal statement on this.
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
That thing looks pretty thick, I wonder what the weight will be.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #7
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
The comparison pic is noticeable, but barely. To me, anyway.

Still would like to see more.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
I can definitely see a difference here and realistically any little bit would help. This is how good things become great, all of this fine tuning and revisions.

I have a JBC and i really don't have any problem at all with the screen.

I think people forget the point is to mimic print, not to be LCD.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
DeeEs
DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad/iPhone
I think, it would be a good idea to have an eInk reader without colour and a full-hd (possibly 3D) LED in the tablet. If you do not want two different devices, an eInk-Display on the back of the tablet would be helpful. The first steps were already made (http://www.indiegogo.com/popslate) But a colour eInk...? Do we need that?

Last edited by DeeEs; 12-17-2012 at 12:02 PM.
DeeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #10
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeEs View Post
I think, it would be a good idea to have an eInk reader without colour and a full-hd (possibly 3D) LED in the tablet. If you do not want two different devices, an eInk-Display on the back of the tablet would be helpful. The first steps were already made (http://www.indiegogo.com/popslate) But a colour eInk...? Do we need that?
One russian company already working on making dual-screen smartphone, combining a traditional LCD screen and an electronic-paper display:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...413977046.html
Old 12-18-2012, 03:23 AM   #11
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
i literally can not see a difference in the side by side between color 1 and color 2 and really the problem with the Jet Book color is not really the color or lack thereof- its the abysmal firmware
I can see what appears to be (especially with the greyscale pics) slightly more 'clarity???' between the different shades.

But you are right about the abysmal firmware. I don't have a JBC but from everything I have read there are not many people happy with the current firmware. Kind of disappointing, really. It feels like nowdays a company will put all their effort into releasing a device and then quick as nails drop any future development on it and start work on their next device.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:08 AM   #12
DeeEs
DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DeeEs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad/iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
One russian company already working on making dual-screen smartphone, combining a traditional LCD screen and an electronic-paper display:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...413977046.html
Nice idea, and now the same for tablets a coloured eInk appears to me a bit like a swimming car...it works somehow but is not really good in both.

@Solicitous: When the company is big enough, the firmware is a banana-product. Mellows in the hands of the customer. In this case due to updates. Because of hard deadlines it is be published, even before it is completely ready.
DeeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #13
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Two USB ports? Host and client?
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Two USB ports? Host and client?
yes, one port is USB for conection to c-pen scanner or keyboard and another port is mini USB for using with AC/DC adapter
Old 12-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeEs View Post
I can definitely see an application for it. I remember seeing a video, though i cant remember where, on the jetbook color. They were talking about textbooks in the classroom.

If you need to read something where differentiation of colors matters and don't want to do it on an LCD screen (or print), it seems the jetbook color is the only option.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color eink, ectaco, jetbook, jetbook color, jetbook color 2