Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
racheado
racheado began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Help to sync further page read between PC and iPhone

Hello everybody:

Is there a way to sync my last page read between an iPhone and a PC in personal e-books? I mean, I know this that can be done flawlessly using, for instance, books bought in Amazon and using kindle, but unfortunately the books I want to read (in Spanish) are not available to buy in amazon. So I'm wondering if there's an app (both for iOS and PC) that allows you to upload own content and sync the reading between the iPhone and the PC.

I've installed several apps trying this without success (kindle, nook, kobo) My default app in the iphone is Stanza, but (as much as I know) it doesn't offer this feature.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance
racheado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
racheado

Since nobody answers I will add some info by myself.

First, I fell in love with the UI of Kobo, I think it's amazing. And I've thought that purchasing a book in its books store would allow me to sync my reading just like kindle. But it didn't happen. I bought a book there and it DOESN'T SYNC between iphone and PC. Too bad. I chose Kobo instead of Kindle because of the interface and because the same book was 2 bucks cheaper =)

Besides Kindle, any other option to sync the last page read?
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
ianrip
ianrip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad (4.2)-iPhone 3gs(4.0.1)
hi I use ibooks and it will sync the bookmark made on the book, even side loaded books, so when you finish reading, add a bookmark and then it syncs

it works on my ipad to 3gs, not sure about PC
ianrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:02 AM   #4
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
Have you looked into the iflow reader? Not sure if there is a pc version, but it does sync across iPhone and iPad.
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
racheado

Thank you ianrip and forkyfork, I tried your suggestions but they don't work on PC, sadly. It seems that the only option available is Kindle, just for books purchased on its own store, of course.
Advert