Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Newly rooted NC won't turn on......

Please HELP!!!!!

Last night I finally auto-nootered my NC. As far as I could tell it was successful and I downloaded a lot of things from Market, powered off and on and they were listed in the extras (or whatever it's called since my memory is kinda buggy and I can't turn it on to look). I powered off and on quite a few times since I kept finding more things to install. All this while I was plugged into the AC with THEIR cord and plug.

Everything was great and I loved my NC.

Then, I powered off, turned on, and when the screen started up, I unplugged the AC cord. It shut off and no amount of presses would turn it on. Long press, short press, combination presses - nothing. Connected to the computer and nothing - It doesn't recognize that there's a device at all.

Any suggestions as to what I should do now?
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, just threatened it with a hard reset and pushed all the buttons (AC adapter off) and it popped up with battery too low, wait 15 minutes). Strange because it's been plugged in forever with the light on the cord showing green.

Have to run off to an appointment, so will find out what happens when I get back.......
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Keep us updated.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #4
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Rooting is dangerous?
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stop putting fuel on the fire. There are no reports of anyone bricking their NOOKcolor.
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #6
NoName
Zealot

NC is charging and working. Everything still there. I guess threats help.

I have no idea why it went dead on me but I guess the battery drained all that time I had it plugged in and was getting things off market and setting it up after rooting. The whole time the charge cord had a green light, but I was too busy doing other things to look at the battery meter. I know it was at 72% before I nootered it and was playing around with making it more usable. And until I tried to hard reset it, everytime I plugged in the charge cord the light still showed up green so I figured it had a full charge. Only after I tried to hard reset did it tell me the battery was dead.

Anyway, all good now.

RockdaMan - Rooting isn't dangerous at all and makes things way better. Just a little frustrating at times. I don't think it's possible to brick, but the hard reset is usually my last resort. Just thought I'd ask for help first.

Thanks eveyone. And Happy Holidays. I'm happier now that I can use my NC.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #7
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
It is a question. Is it foolproof?
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #8
NoName
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
As long as you can read and follow directions, it's pretty foolproof. And there's always reset as a last resort.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
Yes, the NOOKcolor is foolproof.

http://nookdevs.com/Flash_back_to_clean_stock_ROM

Spread the word and educate others.