Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #406
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
If they're the victims, can I be the survivor? I was even a vegetarian for over a decade!
Hmmmm ... do you actively eat chicken now?
[Warning: Trick question! Be careful!]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #407
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Hmmmm ... do you actively eat chicken now?
[Warning: Trick question! Be careful!]
I don't actively eat chicken. Not usually anyway. Most of the time I'm kicked back relaxing when I'm eating chicken.

BTW, you're looking very nice today, pooh.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #408
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I don't actively eat chicken. Not usually anyway. Most of the time I'm kicked back relaxing when I'm eating chicken.

BTW, you're looking very nice today, pooh.
Wouldn't biting, chewing and swallowing require some kind of action?
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #409
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I don't usually think of that as work unless I'm feeling especially lazy.

Know what the best bird of all for consumption by lazy folks is? A phoenix. They cook themselves!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #410
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I don't usually think of that as work unless I'm feeling especially lazy.

Know what the best bird of all for consumption by lazy folks is? A phoenix. They cook themselves!
Or it was one tough bird.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #411
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
The wait is going to kill us. Can it be on purpose? (telepathy induced mass murder test)

Kobo Mini and Kobo Touch are marked down right now I'll try to hold on until the drawing but since my registration here, my dear Sony 650 seems upset. I'd better have this issue covered, if I don't want to end up empty handed in the middle of a chapter (again)

BTW, "to be on sale" means both "to be released" and "to be at a lower price", doesn't it? Is it only in US English? (the second meaning) Thank you

Last edited by samhy; 01-10-2013 at 11:41 AM.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #412
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
The wait is going to kill us. Can it be on purpose? (telepathy induced mass murder test)

Patience not being one of my virtues.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #413
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Having disposed of most of the moderators, it's Pooh's plan to get rid of most of the members of MobileRead too.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #414
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shushan View Post
I am still unclear as to why the library door was unlocked when everyone went to check. If the booby-trap was set before Harry_T went in there and was locked in, why unlock it?
I thought it a thick clue that another person is in the house, maybe hinting to the German moderators (it was not clear where the German forum was), maybe even to Alex or Jellby sneaking in through a back door. Maybe it was necessary so that the remaining moderators could see what was happening and not only hear the crash.
By the way, without the door breaking open (and maybe even so) Harry could have been murdered by everyone, even by pilotbob.

I really liked the avatar of Agatha Chicken. Will we see her again?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #415
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I really liked the avatar of Agatha Chicken. Will we see her again?
We shall have to wait and see.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #416
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I wonder if poohbear_nc and Agatha Chicken are friends? After all, birds of a feather flock together, as they say.

Pooh needs to "plump up" a bit; those legs are looking a bit scrawny. Drumsticks are my favorite...just sayin'.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #417
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What I wondered all along was I *thought* there were rules at MR against one fowl having multiple IDs ...
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #418
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What I wondered all along was I *thought* there were rules at MR against one fowl having multiple IDs ...
There are indeed. Sock-puppetry is strictly banned. Unless you have the explicit blessing of the site owner.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #419
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Having disposed of most of the moderators, it's Pooh's plan to get rid of most of the members of MobileRead too.
*psssstttt .... don't give away my plans ... or else I won't share the unclaimed prizes with you!*
Old 01-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #420
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Well ... there's no rule against having a nom de plumage! I mean nom de plume!

Tags
win a kobo glo, win a pocketbook touch, win an amazon paperwhite, win an onyx boox, win waterfield kindlecase