Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #46
Howlingwolf
Groupie
Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Any suggestions about how to get this back on track?
Unfortunately not.

I do think we should have a quiet word with shuddle about his behaviour. He appears to have done this or something very similar in just about every chain he's joined over the last couple of days.

I know things have been rather confused with the sudden rush before the end, but he has been repeatedly told how to find the last person. I did it myself more than once.

He just doesn't seem to have taken any notice

Fortunately it's not as urgent as the backlist bundles.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #47
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
Unfortunately not.

I do think we should have a quiet word with shuddle about his behaviour. He appears to have done this or something very similar in just about every chain he's joined over the last couple of days.

I know things have been rather confused with the sudden rush before the end, but he has been repeatedly told how to find the last person. I did it myself more than once.

He just doesn't seem to have taken any notice

Fortunately it's not as urgent as the backlist bundles.
I got the same impression. He jumped in on one with me and it was obvious, at least to me, that there were several people between me and the end of the list. I got the impression he was just PMing random people on the thread saying "Please send me a code".

I know it can be a little confusing the first time or two through but it isn't exactly rocket science and when you have people explaining things to you.

Well, let's just say that I agree.

- Byron
Old 12-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #48
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As near as I can tell, here's the order and the screwup.

koland
kg3
ATDrake
scottken
Papi47
piperclassique
gweeks
camiller
mobmind
colleenFL
Ginwen
JeffZ
jbcohen
hwlester
bfollowell
GeckoFriend
Howlingwolf
Auricle
shuddle then jumped in without looking and PMd jbcohen
then dcalder PMd shuddle
then I tried to get back in
then jbcohen mistakenly sent the code to shuddle

And from there it looks like it's gone nowhere. Seeing as shuddle can't seem to figure out how the system works, I don't even know if they know how to wait for a code from the next person and enter it to get a gift code. I'm really concerned that this thread may've just died with shuddle.

Shuddle if, you're out there, you broke line and you need to send the gift code to hwlester so that we can get back on track from where you tangled things up. Also, please look at the instructions for how these work so that you don't continue to mess things up for others.

Thanks.

- Byron
Old 12-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #49
bfollowell
Fanatic

I just PMd shuddle to try and get things going again but I don't have a good feeling about it for some reason...
Old 12-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #50
Howlingwolf
Groupie
Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.

Neither do I and probably for the exact same reason.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #51
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
jbcohen PM'd me the code and it had not yet been used, so I redeemed it and sent the new code to bfollowell. We are back on track (based on bfollowell's list):

GeckoFriend
Howlingwolf
Auricle
shuddle
dcalder
Old 12-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #52
dadalo
Connoisseur
dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus 7, iPad mini, Sony PRS-T2
PM email address to dcalder.

-dadalo
Old 12-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #53
bfollowell
Fanatic

Hey, great news to wake up to guys. I'm logging onto my email now and will get this one moving on. Hopefully, the rest of you will see a gift code sometime today.

And if everyone else wanted to skip shuddle completely, it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #54
bfollowell
Fanatic

Code received from hwlester and redeemed. Gift code emailed and PMed to GeckoFriend
Old 12-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #55
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Code received from bfollowell and redeemed; new code sent to Howlingwolf.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #56
Howlingwolf
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
Hey, great news to wake up to guys. I'm logging onto my email now and will get this one moving on. Hopefully, the rest of you will see a gift code sometime today.

And if everyone else wanted to skip shuddle completely, it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit.
I have to agree with you there. That might seem a bit unfair to some people but he's got no one to blame for this but himself.

I've just posted in the Jan 2013 thread suggesting they skip him and come back if he resurfaces again, in order to get the chain restarted as he seems to have done the exact same thing there.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #57
Howlingwolf
Groupie

Code received and redeemed - Thanks everyone.

New code passed to Auricle.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #58
ludovicus
ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5, Fire HD 10, Sony PRS-T1
PM sent to Auricle.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #59
Howlingwolf
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovicus View Post
PM sent to Auricle.
That should be to dadalo, ludovicus.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #60
ludovicus
ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5, Fire HD 10, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
That should be to dadalo, ludovicus.
Thanks, Howlingwolf, it seems I got the wrong end of the chain!

PM sent to dadalo.

[Edit:] Seems dadalo doesn't have the code...

Last edited by ludovicus; 12-16-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Closed Thread