Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #16
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I carry my reader, light, USB cord, AC charger, Kobo gift cards, stylus, cleaning cloth and fabric sleeve in this case. It all fits in my purse, which isn't big.

Incipio Sport Zip Case
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #17
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibrated View Post
I have the Ristretto for 13" MacBook and the Medium Cafe Bag. If you're thinking of purchasing one, you might want to check out their forums at http://tombihn.com/forums.
Thanks also to Pomtroll.

These bags look so well made. I want something durable. I am going to check out the forum too. Thank you both.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #18
JsKindle3
My K3 has my heart
JsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3
I found a bag. took some searching but found one.
JsKindle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #19
calibrated
Zealot
calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire w/Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I recently got this: http://onlinemilitaria.com/shopexd.asp?id=1914&bc=no

The Mk VII Gas Mask Bag works perfectly as a small bag for carrying round my T1, tablet and any bits I wants with it. Also the main section has a divider that's perfect for holding a drink in.

Seeing as it's also the same bag as used by Indiana Jones, it's damn cool too!

Don't forget to purchase the leather strap as the canvas one on the original versions is way too short, and the replica has no included strap.
After looking at that for a while, I decided it's way too cool and I have to have one, so I ordered one of the original Mk VIIs with the leather strap. Thanks for the link!
calibrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #20
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsKindle3 View Post
I found a bag. took some searching but found one.
So don't leave us in suspense. What did you get?

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #21
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibrated View Post
After looking at that for a while, I decided it's way too cool and I have to have one, so I ordered one of the original Mk VIIs with the leather strap. Thanks for the link!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so.

For a bag that is around 70 years old, mine was in pretty good nick. Just needed to remove a little bit of corrosion and give all the metal-work a bit of a clean and the bag was as good as new.

I had a massive dillema with the canvas strap as I didn't want to ruin it in case I wanted to reuse it. I spend 30 minutes carefully picking at the stitching so as not to damage it, so if I need to re-fit it, I can.

BTW, mine's the proper Indy bag as I got the W&G one, not the standard one. It's more expensive but it's worth it though.

Last edited by ghostyjack; 02-18-2012 at 10:12 AM.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #22
calibrated
Zealot
calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire w/Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so.

For a bag that is around 70 years old, mine was in pretty good nick. Just needed to remove a little bit of corrosion and give all the metal-work a bit of a clean and the bag was as good as new.

I had a massive dillema with the canvas strap as I didn't want to ruin it in case I wanted to reuse it. I spend 30 minutes carefully picking at the stitching so as not to damage it, so if I need to re-fit it, I can.

BTW, mine's the proper Indy bag as I got the W&G one, not the standard one. It's more expensive but it's worth it though.
Glad to hear it was in such good shape. I almost pulled the trigger on one of the repro bags, but since I'm a major history geek, having an original Mk VII just seemed so much cooler that I couldn't resist. I understand that the webbing that attaches the O-rings to the bag is a potential point of failure (corrosion on the rings can wear through the webbing), but I'm hoping that if I pay close attention to sanding off any corrosion that it'll last. I figure the worst-case scenario is that I use the webbing on the original strap (which I won't be using anyway) to fabricate replacements--or even end up buying another Mk VII or perhaps one of the repros made by Magnoli or WPG, and keep the original as a historical artifact. :-)

I opted for the standard bag, since I'm not that obsessed with absolute fidelity to what appeared on the screen. I just want something cool to carry my Kindle Fire, USB cable, iPhone, business cards, and a few odds and ends to and from work.
calibrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #23
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
I carry one of these:

http://www.swissarmy.com/us/product/...f-EXP/30319501

Carries my entire life.

Reader, charger, flashlight, magazines, Palm, pens and pencils, snacks, camera, papers, documents (passport, etc), sunglasses, checkbook, thumb drive, badge (for work), tickets, and anything else I can think of.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #24
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Like others here, I'd rather have an all-purpose bag that I can use to carry many things, like the shoulder bags I have now... a few different sizes, depending on how much I'm carrying that day, and I'm good.

I find specific bags and cases tend to pile up, and if/when you replace that gadget for something else, all your specific accessories go right to the trash. I try not to be wasteful, so all-purpose bags are for me.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #25
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
I carry one of these:

http://www.swissarmy.com/us/product/...f-EXP/30319501

Carries my entire life.

Reader, charger, flashlight, magazines, Palm, pens and pencils, snacks, camera, papers, documents (passport, etc), sunglasses, checkbook, thumb drive, badge (for work), tickets, and anything else I can think of.
This looks quite nice though the prices are spicy.
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #26
Fehmarn
Enthusiast
Fehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litter

Device: Aura H2O (Glo stolen, PRS-T1 given away, K-touch kaputt) & iPads
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
I believe they call those 'purses'.
you are so right - when I finally decided to go for a MacBook Air, the 11" version, to save myself all the shlepping when traveling I ended up with this:
http://goincase.com/products/detail/...sleeve-cl57828
The thing is minute, at least compared to my briefcase, and it holds the MacBook along with all manner of chargers, cables and, of course, the Kobo. And it's only the size of a standard letter sheet.

But the "purse" jokes I had to suffer are unbelievable - right down to the outrageously politically incorrect f**-bag
Fehmarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #27
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGrama View Post
This looks quite nice though the prices are spicy.
Yes, but lifetime warranty. If something happens (zipper breaks, strap breaks, etc) call them, send it in, and they send you a new one.

The one I am carrying now is my third bag. But I only paid for the first one.

And I carry it daily, and my job has a lot of international travel, so it gets used and overstuffed a LOT.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #28
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
Yes, but lifetime warranty. If something happens (zipper breaks, strap breaks, etc) call them, send it in, and they send you a new one.

The one I am carrying now is my third bag. But I only paid for the first one.

And I carry it daily, and my job has a lot of international travel, so it gets used and overstuffed a LOT.
Agree. Too bad they do not ship internationally.
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #29
Pinecone
Guru

Hmm, should be able to find in Europe, they are a Swiss company.