Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-02-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Post Wives and Kindles

I've read about 6-8 occasions online that a gadget reviewer has
'loaned' his Kindle to a wife or sig other and never got it back!

Here's another:

http://tinyurl.com/39vjer
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #2
kati42
kati42 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post
[B]I've read about 6-8 occasions online that a gadget reviewer has
Strangely, I can't get my husband to try my Sony PRS-505. He continues to read eBooks on his PDA.
kati42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #3
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
[B]I've read about 6-8 occasions online that a gadget reviewer has
I avoided that problem by giving my wife my Sony Reader as soon as I got the Kindle.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:13 PM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I've tried to get my DH to try out PDFs on my Iliad and he isn't interested. He'd rather drive in to the office and print them off and bring them home to read.

DH is not a reader so maybe that's why he's not interested in my cute gadgets.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #5
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I've tried to get my DH to try out PDFs on my Iliad and he isn't interested. He'd rather drive in to the office and print them off and bring them home to read.

DH is not a reader so maybe that's why he's not interested in my cute gadgets.

DH='Designated Hubby'?

BTW TallMom I sent you an email a couple days ago about your Iliad experience. Did you get it?
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
DH='Designated Hubby'?

BTW TallMom I sent you an email a couple days ago about your Iliad experience. Did you get it?
I was thinking "Dear" Hubby or "Dumb" Hubby.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
I married a luddite.

My wife reads with twice the voracity I do but fortunately she is a confirmed luddite.

When I leave my kindle on the counter she picks it up with two fingers and seems to regard it with the sort of contempt usually reserved for things one pulls from the bathroom sink hair-trap.

She may be warming up to it though. She picked it up a few days ago and said "I thought you HATED Emily Dickens" I told her that It's not so much that I Hate Emily as it is I feel less like vomiting when I'm not reading her poetry and that the portrait of E.D. was just a random screen saver image that came with the device. She snatched it up and got it out of the screen saver mode and then just sat it down and walked off. About six hours later she asked me "Why the hell does it need a screensaver if it's got an e-ink display that does not get burn-in or draw any power?" I said I thought it was to prevent unintentional button presses. She looked left, back at me for a second, looked down, sighed, and looked back at me and said "What?" while shaking her head in a way that seemed so wise that it made me want to be a luddite too. For a second.

Later, I tried to tell her how cool it was and how much money I would be saving on books and she asked me how much it cost so I told her how beautiful her eyes were and asked her where she wanted to go for her fifteenth wedding anniversary...

Last edited by jacksonunit; 03-04-2008 at 01:21 PM.
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #8
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonunit View Post
.... she asked me how much it cost so I told her how beautiful her eyes were and asked her where she wanted to go for her fifteenth wedding anniversary...
Very wise answer!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:04 AM   #9
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:
DH='Designated Hubby'?

Resent it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I was thinking "Dear" Hubby or "Dumb" Hubby.

BOb
Depending on what DH is doing the sentiments change.

Quote:
Later, I tried to tell her how cool it was and how much money I would be saving on books and she asked me how much it cost so I told her how beautiful her eyes were and asked her where she wanted to go for her fifteenth wedding anniversary...
But after 28 years with DH that wouldn't work with me!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Depending on what DH is doing the sentiments change.
Or, it depends on if you are in the National Leauge or the American Leauge.

BOb
Old 03-05-2008, 01:06 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
My wife reads with twice the voracity I do but fortunately she is a confirmed luddite.
Keep in that way! My biggest mistake was showing my wife what it was I did "all day" that that stupid computer. After that, I had to share... now she has her own (as do each of the kids)!

At least with two readers you can share books. Although my wife doesn't generally read the stuff I do.

BOb