Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
ee0u30eb
ee0u30eb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle not recieving news mobis - blocked?

Hi all,

I ahve not had any problems with calibre recipes before and regualrly recieve the Guardian and Observer mobi. Yesterday I signed up to ReadBeam and set up the default Guardian recipe on there, however I'm not getting it delivered. I tried a manual send and still nothing, no e-mail confirmation from Amazon, nothing on my account.

So to troubleshoot I decided to downlaod the mobi and e-mail it myself. Nothing.

Next I tried e-mailing a picture, no problems at all.
Then I tried e-mailing an old calibre Guardian which worked ages ago, a new one from ReadBeam AND a further modified ReadBeam one where I changed the title and tags all to 'test'. The only thing that was delivered was the one with tags changed to test. No confirmation or sign of the others, all sent on the same e-mail.

Has something changed? Are they blocking and filtering now?

Thanks
ee0u30eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Log into your Amazon account and see if the documents are pending delivery. If they are... restart your Kindle (a full restart from the settings menu).

If the documents are not pending, make sure you've authorized each of the email addresses that will be sending to your Kindle.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I think the system might be down right now. I sent a book to my Kindle and it hasn't shown up yet either. It breaks from time to time that why it's good to have Dropbox as an alternative.

As soon as I posted it finally showed up.

So it may just be a huge delay right now. Overloaded servers with all the new Christmas Kindles.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-05-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:50 AM   #4
ee0u30eb
ee0u30eb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the responses. I am now recieving Calibre - self e-mail docs.

I am still not recieving ReadBeam subscriptions. I have not receievd a single one since signing up 1 week ago.

I have e-mail the site owner to see if there is a specific problem.
ee0u30eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I was looking into setting up a subscription on ReadBeam this morning and stumbled across this message posted on the ReadBeam blog January 9th:
Quote:
In the last few weeks ReadBeam.com has been swamped by new users. This led to ever growing conversion times. Just converting all the morning eDocs currently takes between four and seven hours.

To alleviate the problem I have temporarily suspended signups.
You only tried to sign up a few days before that, I'd guess there was a backlog of requests that never got processed and you won't be able to use the service for the moment.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
readbeam
readbeam once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.readbeam once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.readbeam once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.readbeam once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.readbeam once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.readbeam once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.readbeam once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.readbeam once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.readbeam once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.readbeam once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.readbeam once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4
Hi! The backlog should be down to a reasonable queue by now. Just approved all outstanding recipes. So, let me know if I can be of help.

Happy beaming!

Tom

http://readbeam.com
tom@readbeam.com
readbeam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blocking, filtering, kindle, news, recipe