Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #241
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmseight View Post
Even though it said failed, but it actually did work - Launcher was not greyed out when TTS was activated. Is there something to worry about?
Probably not.
Here is the installer script:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
lipc-send-event com.lab126.blanket.ota otaSplashProgress -i 0

mntroot rw || exit 1
lipc-send-event com.lab126.blanket.ota otaSplashProgress -i 25

cp KindleLauncher.jar /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/KindleLauncher.jar || exit 1
lipc-send-event com.lab126.blanket.ota otaSplashProgress -i 50

tar -C /mnt/us/ -xzf extensions.tgz || exit 1
lipc-send-event com.lab126.blanket.ota otaSplashProgress -i 75

cp launcher.conf /etc/upstart/launcher.conf
lipc-send-event com.lab126.blanket.ota otaSplashProgress -i 100
Since you say that it actually fixes the issue, the jar file must have been copied, so it must have failed at the extensions.tgz extraction step (don't know why though). As long as you see all the usual extensions, there's no need to worry.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #242
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Thanks.

I executed
mntroot ro
for good measure.

I made a 'TTS Speed 220' Launcher item and it works perfectly.

Best Regards,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #243
mingyun
mingyun began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE TOUCH
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
This version fixes an issue where the Launcher item would be disabled (grayed out) when TTS is enabled. Now the Launcher item can't be disabled anymore
Hello, I am Chinese, I use Google Translator may be some problems of syntax, we have been using this plugin you do, but now kindke touch the factory firmware version is 5.1.1 version, the latest firmware is 5.1.2, before you do the plug-in version is already installed on the trouble that you can not be updated, like your software!

Not speak English, reading is not fluent, please forgive me!
mingyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:53 AM   #244
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@mingyun: I'm not sure that I understood everything, but I'll try anyway:

- upgrade your Kindle Firmware to the latest version using the official updates.
- upgrade or install the GUI launcher using the version 1.2.2 installer.

This is known to work for many people. PS: the updates should be installed using Menu > Settings, Menu > Update your Kindle, *not* by simply rebooting.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #245
mingyun

Quote:
@mingyun: I'm not sure that I understood everything, but I'll try anyway:

- upgrade your Kindle Firmware to the latest version using the official updates.
- upgrade or install the GUI launcher using the version 1.2.2 installer.

This is known to work for many people. PS: the updates should be installed using Menu > Settings, Menu > Update your Kindle, *not* by simply rebooting.

Yes, I meant it, and now I use the latest version 1.2.2, the display is:
update error: 007
Not succeed, I think it might be caused by the new version! Would like to invite you in the right software updates to support the new version!

Thank you!
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #246
ixtab
(offline)

Error 007: your device is not jailbroken. Install the Jailbreak.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #247
mingyun

Quote:
Error 007: your device is not jailbroken. Install the Jailbreak.
Hello, did not think you see my replies, I have just found this new jailbreak, you can install, to disturb you!

Thank you!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #248
XiR_
XiR_ began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Hi.

I've got a KT with serial B011, fw 5.1.2 in spanish. First I installed version 1.0.1 of the Launcher (the link is in the first post) but it didn't work (maybe updating that link to later versions should be great to avoid this happens again). I read on until I found the latter update of the Launcher (1.2.2).

To be a "good boy" I executed the uninstall for the 1.0.1 version and later tried to install version 1.2.2. It returned a ERROR 3 and didn't worked. I deleted by hand the "extensions" directory and tried to install again. This time it worked OK.

to everyone who spent time developing, documenting and testing this software.

regards
XiR_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #249
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@XiR_: Don't restart your Kindle with a custom .bin, use the 'Update Your Kindle' link in the Settings menu.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #250
XiR_
XiR_ began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@XiR_: Don't restart your Kindle with a custom .bin, use the 'Update Your Kindle' link in the Settings menu.
Thanks, NiLuJe. It worked out. Just posted to share my experience with 'uninstalling' with my firmware.
XiR_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #251
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Sorry to be a nuisance, however I've added several launcher extensions to the extension folder, however none are adding to the launcher.
I've rebooted the device, am I missing something?
Please can you tell me where I'm going wrong.

Thank you.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #252
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
Sorry to be a nuisance, however I've added several launcher extensions to the extension folder, however none are adding to the launcher.
I've rebooted the device, am I missing something?
Please can you tell me where I'm going wrong.

Thank you.
My crystal ball was stolen last week.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #253
cristbo
Uno mas
cristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercristbo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
My crystal ball was stolen last week.
cristbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #254
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
I had the same problem a few days ago (after having caused a mess).
I tried to uninstall and install the launcher again but it didn't work.
It turned out to be a problem with the installation process: I placed manually the upstart script and the jar and it worked (and still works) fine!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #255
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Thank you for the helpful response ixtab.
I'm new to this and have followed the available instructions I have found to the letter.
If my information isn't enough, possibly asking for more would be an idea rather than a facetious remark.

silver18 if your response was to me, would you please elaborate. Thank you.

To elaborate futher..
Start USBnetwork
Orientation
Launch Sudoku

have added whilst:
jbpatch
collections manager
haven't

Last edited by Akirainblack; 08-25-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks